Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Wicked Good Time at the Fox and Six Flags

So I'm a little behind on my blog and I'm going to try to get at least something done tonight, even if it's a little. : )

On August 19th I got a text message from my friend Jenna Smith that said, "Wicked tickets ATL 10.17@8pm.  We bought 4.  Want to play?"  I immediately called her back and said of course!  I love the music and the play and I'm so glad that Jenna thought of me when she was buying tickets. Our other friend Lisa is also a huge fan so Lisa and I went with Jenna and her husband Scott to see Wicked in Atlanta.  Two months after the initial text (and already a month ago...how the time flies!) we finally got to go.  The play was just as good the second time as the first (I saw it back in April with Sara).  I can't wait for it to come to Greenville Fall of 2010!  Wicked was showing at the Fox Theater and it was the coolest theater ever!  The whole building has a castle-theme and you seriously feel like you are in a castle.  Not only that, but the actual theater is made to feel like and outdoor theater.  I have pictures, but they're blurry and don't do it justice at all. 
  
  

We actually made a weekend of it because Scott and Jenna were taking their three kids to Six Flags the next day.  They were kind enough to let Lisa and I tag along, as well as a few other YSA from the Simpsonville II Ward who joined us on Saturday at Six Flags.  It was a fantastic weekend.  Seriously no complaints at all.  Scott bought us the flash pass at Six Flags, so we rode all the best rides 5 or 6 times.  I love Goliath...definately my favorite ride.  Followed closely behind by Acrophobia.  


On the way up...


On the way down...

2 comments:

Jenna said...

The weekend was a total blast! Great activities, fabulous companions, everything. :)

Travis and Lisa said...

Hey, I didn't know you had a blog! Sweet!