Monday, August 26, 2013

Corben at 4 Months

So I've been kind of off.  Last week I kept telling people who asked how old Corben was that he would be turning 4 months "next Tuesday."  So then I look at the calendar today and see that he actually turned 4 months LAST Saturday.  WHAT?  Not sure where I got the idea that tomorrow would be the 24th. So sadly I missed pictures on his actual 4 month birthday, but now I have his 4 months stats to go with it, so I guess all is not lost.  

Weight:  16 lbs 13 oz (78%)
Height:  26 in (85%)
Head:  42 1/4 cm (70%)

The photo shoot...was rough.  Corben has the cutest smiles, but he was pretty stingy with them tonight.  I took a TON of pictures, but only got a handful of smiles.  And even though this post is about Corben, you will see Rylee in many of the pictures. Even though there's a million pictures, I'm going to post all of them (skim fast) because they are a fairly accurate representation of the chaos that the photo shoot was/life is with Rylee around.  

But first a few notes from this month:

~Rylee is crazy and Corben just goes with the flow.  (Sneak preview and perfect illustration)

~He is into sucking/chewing on things.  He has found his toes, but is not quite limber enough to chew on them.

~Moved him to his crib where he has continued to sleep fabulously through the night with only a mid-nightly wake up here or there.

~Reaches for and grabs objects really well. 

~Is losing his hair rapidly and has all kinds of thinning/bald spots

~Has gotten up on his actual hands and knees (rather than elbows) several times. I predict it won't be long until he's "rocking."

~Usually sleeps 10-11 hours at night, although he will occasionally wake up once somewhere in there and I'll feed him a bottle, but more often than not he just sleeps all night. *knock on wood*

~Still loves sitting up.  The bumbo is my new best friend because Corben likes to be in the middle of all that is happening and will sit quite contentedly in his bumbo for a good while so I can get stuff done.

~He learned how to roll from his back to his tummy one day and the next day he was "rolling" from his tummy to his back.  And now he is everywhere.  There's no stopping him.  His "rolling" from his tummy to his back is more like him getting on his knees and elbows (aka his prayer position) and flopping over, but it works.  
(He started out on the blanket and stayed there maybe a minute) 


Rylee trying to put a pacifier in his mouth.  When he is happily sucking she takes it away and when he is happy and content without one she tried stuffing it in his mouth. *sigh*

The photo shoot...
(of course the first one is probably the best smile we got)


Rylee buckled into the bumbo saying "cheese" constantly because she sees we have the camera out.






Since someone commented last time about how to not get washed out pictures I switched back to the blue blanket mid-shoot.


I call this his roller coaster hill face



Rylee signing and saying "play" because she's ready to get out. lol







And the rolling begins.  There's no keeping him on his back now.


Almost ready to flop back onto his back

The chair was hopeless.






He figured out he could grab the dog and there was no leaving it alone.  Every picture is a new attempt where he grabs the leg before I get a picture. Punk.  And he has this little sneaky smile which makes me thinks he's doing it on purpose. ; )







So I finally separated them.


And Rylee thought the space was for her




I'm sad they aren't smiling, but I LOVE this picture...just love how he's holding her hand.  They really do love each other.



We have this giraffe with teething rings and rattles and fun colors.  I told Jonathan "get the giraffe and shake it to try to make him smile."  Next thing I know Rylee is shoving this giraffe in Corben's face.  She really tried to be helpful. lol






Over the shoot.

A few pictures from this month:
First time in the johnny jump up.  He didn't really jump, but he liked being up right.

He doesn't suck his thumb all the time, but more than Rylee ever did.

Sleeping in big boy pajamas from Grandma Leckie

Rylee put those toys in front of him for him to play with him.


Photo bomb!

So he definitely squints his left eye when he smiles.  A lot of my family does this also.











No comments: