This was a pretty big month around here; a lot of new things going on for Corben! He has his 15 month well child visit next week, so I'll put his stats on here then.
~Weight: 25 lbs (79.8%)
~Height: 33.5 in (98.9%)
~Head: 47.9 cm (79.39%)
~Weight: 25 lbs (79.8%)
~Height: 33.5 in (98.9%)
~Head: 47.9 cm (79.39%)
~Completely eating table food and loves it. He often eats more than Rylee, but no surprise there. ; )
~Wore a tie to church for the first time...an actual tie; not the iron ones that I did love when he wore a lot of onsies.
~Has slept through the last 5 nights. Probably jinxing myself on this one, but that's his longest stretch he's ever gone!
~Is off bottles! A week ago I had no intention of stopping the bottles, but it just somehow happened this week. I didn't wean Rylee of bottles completely (just had one at naps and bedtime) until 19 months and figured I'd do about the same with Corben. He really loves his bottle at naps and night time, so I was actually dreading even attempting to take it away, but he has shocked me by doing awesome. I still give him a little milk, but in a sippy cup. And only about half as much as he used to get in his bottle which means he also hasn't woken up with a leaky diaper this week after having about 4 last week. Do you know what else this means? The 2 1/2 foot square spot on my counter that has been dedicated to the bottle drying rack for the past 2 years (since Rylee came home from the hospital) is now empty!!! Yep, the bottles and drying rack are officially put away, so after years of washing bottles every night...no more! Can y'all tell I'm excited about this? Quite frankly, that was my main motivating factor in getting Corben off the bottle...I was just tired of washing them and tired of the drying rack. I'm sure it will come out again someday, but for now I'm going to enjoy it!
~While he still doesn't talk much, he has started making animal sounds when we read some of his pop up books: hisssss, roar, etc.
~Added a very few words to his vocabulary: Grandpa (shocker), Books, snap. Think that's about it. He is just not a talker, but really communicates great without words. lol
~Still climbs on everything. This past Sunday Jonathan and I helped out in nursery, so I had Corben with us. He did great although when the table was out for playdough he just wanted to climb on it. However, when the table came out for snack time...he sat so good and still in his chair! He was a big fan of snack time.
~Has hit his head on so many things (or by Rylee. arg)...poor little guy.
~He still only has 8 teeth.
~If he sees me start to make lunch for him and Rylee he'll run and start trying to push his high chair over to the kitchen.
~Does really well with bouncing our big ball in his arms. I need to get it on video
~LOVES to play with all the balls!
~Takes one nap in the afternoon (usually after lunch)
~Is getting really good at stacking things
~Loves taking baths still!
Pictures from this month (oldest to most recent)
One of the first meals he ate all on his own (green beans, string cheese, & bread w/ a tiny bit of peanut butter). I was so excited. : )
Sometimes he stands on the baseboard and it's so cute, but I just haven't been quick enough to get a good picture...yet.
He really loved lasagna!
Yeah....he stuffed a little too much in that mouth this time. He couldn't even close it and thought it was funny. It kind of was. ; )
Stacking blocks at Bouncing Babies...these are two different stacks that he made all be himself. He made a bunch more with 'help' from Rylee.
So last week I ordered a dress shirt for Corben. My friend Beth gave me two ties for him a long time ago, but until this past Sunday I didn't have a Sunday shirt for him to wear them with. I realize these all look similar, but he was hammin' it up for the camera and was just so doggone cute...Get ready for cuteness overload! Thanks, Beth! : )
Just two random times when I looked over and saw him stacking stuff.
As my mom says...he has one speed: FAST! We love him to pieces even if he does keep us on our toes. : )

.jpg)










3 comments:
Oh how funny! I saw the picture on Facebook and thought, "Oh that tie is so cute on him! I feel like I've seen it before....I remember when they were selling those at Target. Hm. Did I get that for him? I remember buying some...did I send them or keep them?"--haha, glad I read the post to find out! The tie looks really great on him and he is so handsome hamming it up! :) Congrats on the no bottles! Emmie just went off of night time bottles LAST NIGHT. Who knew all it took was talking to her and saying, "you can have a bottle, but we only have WATER bottles upstairs now." After that, she stopped waking up and asking for them. ha ;) I did pass on bottle washing duty to Rob about a year ago, so I think if I'd had to do it every night, I might have been motivated to cut her off faster.
Loved the update on Corben and seeing him stacking things--isn't it exciting when they learn a new skill? He is so dang cute too.
Cute!! Seriously, he is so cute! I love the tie. Very spiffy.
Super cute pics. Love the bowtie look :).
Post a Comment