He got home Wednesday night and still no contractions. Thursday morning we went to Furman where I did a lot of chasing Corben around the lake. A few contractions, but nothing regular. We went to get a free pumpkin and I went to pick it up the lady was like, "Let me get that for you!" I said, "Oh, no, I got it. I'm trying to have a baby today!" Seriously trying everything. Went to Walmart and when we got home tried a few more things and within an hour I was at least having regular contractions about 6 or 7 minutes apart even if they weren't bad. So we decided to head to the hospital in hopes that I was dilated more and they wouldn't send me home. I was also afraid the contractions would stop by the time we got to the hospital, but thankfully they did not. However, when I got there they checked me and said I was still just dilated 5. A 'stretchy' 5, but 5 nonetheless. We told them our situation with Jonathan only being here a limited time and they agreed to admit me, but said they couldn't do anything (i.e. pitocin) to help labor along. Dr. Thurston was on call and came to check me about 6:30. She knew the situation, too, and thankfully 'aggressively' checked me...stripped my membranes, stretched me to a good 6 and said to wait and see if that helped. By 7:00 my contractions were getting much worse, but they still didn't want to commit to delivery by giving me an epidural, so for about 2 hours every 5 minutes I had horrible contractions, but something about where they had placed the monitor wasn't really picking them up or "giving me credit' for them as they said, so they really didn't realize how bad it was for a couple hours. By 9:45 I was dilated 7/8, so they said I could get an epidural and I thankfully slept a few hours. At 2:30 Dr. Thurston broke my water and I slept a few more hours. With Corben, they had to do the epidural twice and I couldn't feel a thing. This time it was perfect; I could feel my legs and even move them and feel the contractions, but they weren't painful. Around 7:00 Thursday morning things started to feel a little different 'down there' when I'd have a contraction. I told the nurse that it felt like something might be coming and she asked if I felt the need to push. I really didn't know, so she didn't take me too seriously. I texted her again about 8:30 because it was feeling more like needing to push to me. About 9:00 Dr. Thurston came and barely stuck her hand in was like, "There's a head! Let's have a baby!" So they prepped everything and less than ten minutes of pushing and Baylor Rae was born at 9;16! Another successful VBAC in the books. She weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long. Lots of dark hair just like Rylee & Corben, although Baylor has somewhat of a mullet going on with a receding hairline. I'm hoping it all falls out eventually like Rylee's did so it can grow back in nice and somewhat even.
They told us we'd be discharged Sunday morning, but since Jonathan had to leave Monday we didn't want to spend a lot of time at the hospital, so we left early Saturday morning. While I didn't have her Oct 8th, I cannot believe that everything worked out so perfectly to have her on the 9th. I'm so, so grateful that Jonathan was able to be here. And I'm thankful that Dr. Thurston was so understanding because I feel fairly confident that if she hadn't helped things along I would not have had a baby that day. We're all in love with Baby Baylor, especially Rylee. She wants to hold Baylor constantly and give her hugs and kisses. Corben just comments about how "Baby Baylor is so cute!"
Baylor is now 2 weeks old and I can't believe how fast it's gone by! She is a pretty good baby; still sleeps most of the time. I have to wake her up every 3 hours during the day to eat, but she wakes up on her own like clock work every 2-2 1/2 hours at night. Figures. ;) We're working on it. :)
2:30 am...just before they came to break my water
Dr. Thurston



5 comments:
So glad the timing worked out so perfectly! Can't wait to meet her at Christmas!
I 2nd that :)
3rd it? :)
Yay!! I guess I forgot that you were pregnant. Haha. Fastest pregnancy ever. Glad everything worked out for you. She looks adorable!!
Yay! Congrats! I kept coming to your blog to see if you'd updated. :) She's beautiful! And I'm glad everything went well with getting her out and that the doctor was understanding. And I guess I missed what Jonathan is doing out of town.... I'll ask Travis and see if he knows. :) Okay, now we've been keeping up with the Buffingtons, but now we're good for a little break, right??? Haha! :) Keep the pictures coming! We love looking at pictures of cute kids around here.
Post a Comment