Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Corben turned 3!

I'm pretty late on posting this, but Corben turned 3 a month ago!   I think he had a pretty good birthday a day early since that worked better with Jonathan's schedule.  I asked him for weeks what kind of cake he wanted and he kept saying that he wanted "a Corben cake."  So that's what he got.  Real fancy like. lol  He thought it was pretty great! 


The many faces of Corben...








I'm kind of in love with these tiny erasers.  They come apart like puzzles and toys to play with, too, and the kids also love them!  I will not even tell you how many sets I've ordered.








From us:  
Dinosaur book
Webkins Dinosaur
Rain boots
Car erasers

From Grandma & Grandpa Leckie:
Train extension set
Card with stickers







Collision with Rylee

Baylor loved watching Rylee play with the birthday balloon!

At 3 years old he is...
35 1/2 lbs (84%)
39 inches tall (84%)

~Can count to 20 and only skips the number 15

~Knows pretty much all his colors, although he often calls black brown and vise versa

~Insists on saying all the blessings on the food.  Every.one.

~Has been potty trained for a while now.  He potty trained the week we moved to Maryland, so I guess 5 1/2 months ago?  He still wears pull ups at night, but only wets about once every 2 weeks or so.  I'm tempted to just put briefs on him at night, but since he wears the same pull up for a week usually, I figure I might as well use them since I have them.  I definitely won't buy more when these are all gone.  

~Has tantrums all.the.time.  Rylee did not have tantrums like this when she was this age, so it's been an adjustment.

~He is still very high maintenance and strong willed.

~Always tells me, "I very love you!" which seems to make up for all the rest..usually

~Still loves to run.  He NEEDS to run.  Which means that more often than not when we go places if there isn't a buggy to put him in he gets the monkey.

~Has pretty much stopped napping this entire last year.  He falls asleep in the car if we go somewhere later in the day.  I put him to bed around 7 or 7:15 and he falls asleep really  quick.  He also wakes up WAY earlier than Rylee ever did which has resulted in us having to put a lock on the outside of his door because he was getting into things after he woke up.  

So this past year has been both challenging and fun.  I feel like he hasn't gotten worse since we've moved to Maryland, but it might just be that I never get a 'break' from his antics since we don't live near family anymore.  Corben can be the sweetest, most helpful, cutest boy ever.  And then he can be stubborn, defiant, violent, and annoying the next second.  I'd like to say that he is the first set more often, and it's possible that he is. However, one hour of sweetness is destroyed by 1 minute of the later set.  Either way we love him and we'll keep him. ; )

Some pictures from the past year...

May 2015

lol...his first bowl of cold cereal with milk.  This was over a year ago and he actually can eat it without the mess now. 




June 2015

July 2015

August 2015


September 2015





He insisted on holding everything.  Stubborn.


November 2015

Oh the tears...So.many.tears from these eyes

Painting with water colors for the first time



December 2016...we had a lot of sickness in December...






January 2016

Wearing his glasses "like Grandma"


February 2016



March 2016






April 2016

Story time with Corben

Singing time with Corben (and Rylee)


Mad about something, but so hard to take him seriously. lol
























No comments: