Saturday, September 20, 2008

New Carpet!

I've been wanting to get new carpet for my foom for a long time, but I have just dreaded the thought of moving everything out of my room to do it. However, I finally decided to do it. I got my carpet on Monday and Dad and his amazing self installed it for me. We measured everything Wednesday night and I moved everything but the furniture to the hall and other rooms upstairs. Thursday night we moved the furniture. I slept that night on an air mattress on the floor. Friday morning dad reversed all the measurements so that we could cut it out upside down. When I got home from work on Friday he had already put in all the padding and gotten the tack-strips ready. After supper we took the carpet up to church and measure and cut it out. Dad said that putting the carpet in through the window would be easier than taking it up the stairs and around the corners. At first I wasn't seeing how this was work, but he pulled his truck up really close to the house right outside my window and we put it up there first. He was, of course, right. It was pretty easy. Makes me nervous for Dad to be jumping back and forth between the ledge and truck, but no catastophes this time. I love my new carpet! We put it in and moved all the furniture in by about 9:30. I was, of course, up for a long time after that going through stuff and moving everything else back in. I did get rid of a lot of stuff, but there's still a lot more I'm sure could go.


Before and After





A little closer...you can see it a little better.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Very BEAUTIFUL! I was just out shopping for carpet yesterday... no decisions yet.

Lisa said...

Oooooo it looks really soft:)

Latisha said...

Was your room blue before?? Why don't I remember that? I'm glad you got your new carpet. The installation story made me cringe and roll my eyes as usual. That dad.