I've worked at Carolina First for 6 1/2 years and for the first time ever the inclement weather line actually gave indication that we didn't have to go to work. A free day at home! We spent some time playing in the snow with Nate & Geri and the kids. We made a long sledding track in the Gunter's back yard, made snow angels, and then sat by the fire.
The snow is beautiful, but just having snow would be too much to ask for. In the south it is always followed by ice which leads to nightmare roads. Five days later and our street still has a lot of ice. Tuesday morning my department was officially closed so I got to stay home again. Tuesday night Nate pulled my car up the hills in my neighborhood with his four wheel drive Suburban so that Wednesday morning I could drive it to work. Wednesday and Thursday I parked my car at my parent's house and just tromped through the woods after work and before work so that I didn't have to drive up my hills on the ice. They are still somewhat icy, but well sanded, so it's on the mend hopefully.
Decided I needed to burn some calories, but I didn't have a snow shovel so I cleared snow with an ice scraper and a swing blade thingamabobber. Just clearing this little bit (which actually wasn't as much as it seems because I didn't have to scrape where the cars had been) took about 2 hours.




No comments:
Post a Comment