Months ago I saw an Upstate Perk (similar to Groupon or Living Social) for a 3D Ultrasound, so we decided to go ahead and get it. They say the best time to go is between 27 and 32 weeks, so we went today (I'm 27 weeks, 6 days). This baby girl is camera shy. Actually she is breech right now which means that her legs were blocking a lot of the view. She kept poking her eyes with her toes. Looked very uncomfortable. lol And for the first part of the ultrasound she would not move her hand from her face. So Jonathan played some Katie Perry on his phone right by my belly and some gentle prodding from the tech and she finally moved her hand to get a few better pictures. Despite not having a straight-on view of her face, it was very cool to see the 3D pictures. I'm convinced she has Jonathan's nose, but he says no. Who really "knows" until she gets here, though (pun intended). I tried to upload the video we got, but it was just taking too long.
Here's my 28 week picture.
After we went to the ultrasound, we went to Babies R Us. They are having a Trade In Event right now where you can take in any used baby item and they'll give you a 25% off coupon. We are saving our pennies, so we didn't want to spend too much money, but so we got the high chair. it's the least expensive "big" item. Of course the practical thing would have been to leave it in the box since we won't be using it for a long time. But what fun would that have been? So we put it together tonight and then put some plastic over the seat and tray to try and keep dust off it. The seat does recline, so we won't have to wait as long to use it as we would otherwise. : )
6 comments:
Awwwww!! She's so cute!! I love that little nose! Those are the cutest pictures with her hands on her face--it's like she's putting her hands in her head and going, "Not another picture mom! This is so embarrassing!" ;) Love her little profile pictures! What a blessing to have these :) I can't believe how folded in half she is--one flexible little girl you got there. Who's fingers do you think she has?
Congrats on the high chair. Did you take something in to trade and get the 25% off thing? High chair was one of hte first items we bought too (garage sale)--ever since, I've thought...what was I thinking? We have to haul it around for a year before it'll get used! But I love it, and I love seeing it :)
Your 3-d ultrasound came out so good! the ones we have of Bella(we didn't get any of Milo) are terrible and you can't tell what anything is!
I couldn't stand our high chair. They just take up too much space for my sanity. We ended up trading it in at one of those trade-in-event thingies and buying a new crib for Bella when she was still in one and then we bought one of those high chairs that just hook on to your table because it takes up WAY less space and is portable.
Very cute! I'm mixed on the nose - I could see it going either way. I've never owned a high chair, but we've borrowed several before. You have plenty of space for now. When your house is more crowded you might choose to ditch it for space, but for now enjoy it! They are handy. And you get to see it and be even more excited everyday!
That. Is. Awesome. I love the pictures! She is going to be so cute. Yay for a new high chair. We got our car seat today. :)
Happy 28 weeks!!!
You're so funny, I had to respond to your post on my blog. I feel inadequate when I see pictures of your cute house!! You have a real knack for making a beautiful, uncluttered home!! I'm still working on that! ;) Well, if 15 pounds is good, that's only happened due to the nausea and general dislike of food for the past 3 months. I don't think you have anything to worry about--you look great and healthy, and it means you are getting nutrition to your baby! Thanks for the fun comments! Love ya!
Very cool!! Can't wait to see the real deal :)
Post a Comment