Saturday, March 31, 2012

5 Months Old Photo Shoot

I can't believe Rylee is 5 months old! Our little 5-week-early preemie is definitely wearing 6-9 month clothes. Eye-yi-yi.
March 31st just wasn't the happiest of days. We tried two different photo shoots, but just never got a super happy baby. (Actually, she was happy, but just tormenting me by not showing the camera how happy she was). Still cute, though. And Rylee just LOVES to have her legs in the air when she's laying down and to fold in half when sitting up. It's exasperating. Here are a few other new things that she's been up to lately (some of which are evident in these pictures):
*Chewing on her fingers. This isn't exactly new, but she does it more often than she used to. First two fingers; not a thumb sucker.
*Found her toes on our recent trip to Utah. She loves to play with them and has even sucked on them a few times, but I don't have a picture of that.
*She is a grabber. I love holding things in front of her and watching her little hands reach for it completely on purpose.
*She loves putting those things she grabs in her mouth.
*She makes new noises that were cute when I filmed them the first time. ; ) They'll be featured in a separate blog post.
*Sucking on her bottom lip. Hopefully she'll grow out of this before she chaps it too bad.
*Rolling EVERWHERE. Sometimes combined with scooting. One second she'll be by your feet and two minutes later she is across the room stuck under a chair. It inspired a purchase today that will be featured in a later blog after it comes in the mail.

(Note how she has grabbed the sign)














Okay, this is during conference. Notice how happy she is? So we paused conference to take advantage of this happy girl. As you can see, she is very good at keeping a straight face.











4 comments:

Rob VanVliet said...

Love those chubby little legs!! I didn't get to see those out here--just want to squeeze them! My favorite is that first picture with her stuffed animal and legs up in the air--so showing off the stage she's in!! :) I held Em's feet up today above her, and she grabbed at them, seemed confused, and dropped it. Guess I"ll have to wait a few months to see her actually sucking on her own toes! :) Can't wait to see the video :)

Lisa said...

Love the chub!!! Cute baby girl!

Jess said...

Super cute! She's getting so big! Love how she folds herself in half while sitting. That takes some talent. :-)

The Old Buffington's said...

I love the photo shoot...... She is getting so big and is so cute!!! I love her chubby little legs!!!!