Sunday, March 31, 2013

Rylee at 17 Months and Easter Morning

Rylee turned 17 months today!  She's getting so grown up.  Just a few things from this month...

~Still only has 7 teeth, although just in the last day or two she has cut a molar.  

~Loves The Eensy Weensy Spider (aka The Itsy Bitsy Spider apparently) and Three Little Monkeys and knows the motions to both.

~Has started saying "Thank you" sometimes

~Knows where Grandma keeps animal crackers and finds her way there too often for a "cookie."  

~Does an awesome job of folding her arms for blessings and the first little bit of prayer.  

~Still loves to "Go" and we've started keeping her shoes with ours in the hall closet.  So whenever we are going to go somewhere she runs to the closet for her shoes.  And when we get back, she goes to the door and holds her legs up (once we've opened it) like she's kicking her shoes off like we do.

~Loves eating with her fork...strawberries, bananas, squash, broccoli, beans, etc.

~When I'm done bathing her I'll start to drain the water and she starts handing me her toys because she knows it's time to get out...although after I've put all her toys away she's not very fast to get out herself. lol

~When we ask her to bring us things she can correctly bring:  her dog, teddy bear, fish, baby doll, and duck.  She's also pretty good at following directions in general.  She is obviously understanding A LOT of what we're saying

~Loves balloons and finds them and points them out in stores way before we notice they are there.

~Still loves Baby Einstein and follows the motions and sounds of a lot of things in the videos. 

~ Loves for us to read books to her.  Can usually identify in some of her books:  baby, bananas, water, butterflies, trains, trees, teddy bears, balls, dolphins, and maybe a few other things I can't think of right now.  I say usually because some days she'll get them all right first try and then others days she misses.

~Loves to do stuff she knows she's not supposed to do...and she does them with the most mischievous little grin on her face.  It's exasperating. 

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure I'm missing a lot of stuff.   Here are some pictures from this month: 

I rarely get an opportunity to take a picture of Rylee when she is sleeping, but this day she was really really tired and slept through all my camera flashes.  Pacifier upside down as is often the case.




We were NOT feeding the ducks at Furman cheerios. *wink wink*  But we have been making some friends. : )  I normally wouldn't have bought one of these kid leash things, but it was just $5 at the last consignment sale.  And my mom bought it besides.  Rylee actually really loves it. 




So...we don't use our fireplace as a fireplace. Someday I'd love to get some gas logs, but for now it's been wasted space.  So I talked to my dad and he is working on converting it to a toy cabinet.  He put in the box this week.  It's totally independent of the actual fireplace, so it can be easily removed.  He's still going to put shelves and doors on it, but for now Rylee loves playing in it.  Hopefully sometime this week I will get those cushions sewn together so it looks much better. Here are pictures from three different days in the one week it's been there. 








Folding her arms for a blessing:


And here are some pictures from Rylee's Easter today.  We splurged and got a few things from the dollar spot at Target.  The big rabbit, cheeping chick, and bobble rabbit were in our Easter box we pulled down from the attic so we just threw them in there for kicks.  And my mom got Rylee the pajamas yesterday, so we just added those, too.









 I had big plans to get a nice family picture today.  Yeah, Rylee had other plans.  At least I got them in their coordinating clothes.  Even if neither one is smiling. 

The dress is again big...the smallest they had was 3T.  At least it will last her awhile.



Got a few smiles when we gave her the dog. 



4 comments:

Latisha said...

Great post. Love the fireplace toy box, although I'm guessing she won't be too happy when the doors go up and she can't play inside anymore :).

Jenna said...

She is growing up so fast. Adorable!

Lisa said...

Cute girl! I think I could replace Rylee's name with Sophie and everything would be accurate. They really are dittos of each other. Only 29ish days left!!!!!

Beth said...

Em LOVES that book Bubbles Bubbles--it was her favorite for a while and she even called ALL books "Bubbles!" because of it :) Love Rylee's reactions with the big blue bunny :) And that Easter dress is adorable!