Last night around 12:00 I started having contractions (FINALLY). The paper they gave me at the doctor's office says that if this is your second child, to go in when the contractions are 6-8 minutes apart. Well, for 2 hours mine were very consistently 6-8 minutes (usually 6-7 minutes) apart, and I also knew already that I was dilating and effaced (for weeks now), so at about 2:00 I woke Jonathan up, called my mom to come stay with Rylee, and we were off to the hospital. You know how when you go to the doctor all the things that were wrong suddenly are all right? I had that fear...that we'd get to the hospital and all the sudden my contractions would just stop. Don't worry...that didn't happen. My toco showed very consistent contractions. The nurse checked me and said dilated 4 and 90% effaced. Seriously?? I've been there FOR-E-VER!! At 3:30 she said to start walking and they'd check me again at 5:30. I walked about 35 minutes, did some rotation things on the bed my friend Lisa told me about, walked some more. We even went up and down a TON of stairs. And I went to A LOT of different bathrooms. At 5:30 she checked me again...NO CHANGE. So they sent us home. Talk about disappointing. We got home at 6:00 and crashed on the couch and recliner since Mom was asleep on our bed (so she could see Rylee's monitor). I had a few more contractions off and on, but the time Rylee was ready to get up at 9:20 they had completely stopped. Now my instructions say not to come back until my contractions are 5 minutes apart for an hour. Hopefully that will be on Monday. Yesterday morning I saw Dr. Thurston and she said she wouldn't strip my membranes. Something about 39-40 weeks being the "optimal" time to deliver a baby. And I was "only" 38 weeks and 2 days. I wish they would have just striped them at the hospital last night. Anyway, she said that she would strip them next week. I see her on Monday. And she better go ahead even though I'll only be 38 weeks and 6 days.
And my bum is sore from all those stairs. I've been walking a lot, but we don't really do hills or stairs.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh!! I had a feeling to come check the blogs. I was thinking, "What?! She had him in the last two days and didn't text me?!" ;)--man, I cannot believe how much you are enduring to get that little guy here! If I were your doctor, I'd totally hook you up with an earlier delivery! Maybe that's why I'm not a doctor?? Best of luck to you, sounds like you are already getting through a lot of the labor before the actual time of his arrival, so maybe he'll come quick. You are in our prayers!
Oh my goodness I missed this post! We were out of town this weekend.
Okay, AHHHHH!!!!!!--how frustrating! I hope you can take comfort in the fact that this is perfectly normal. Some people are stuck at 4 or 5 for weeks (I know that's not comforting). I'm guessing Corben is so not ready to meet everyone yet. :) I can't believe they told you to go to the hospital with contractions that far apart. Maybe it's because you're VBAC and GD?? Anyway, it looks like you're doing everything right. Just be patient and you can reprimand Corben when he gets here. :) This post is so old, though, he may already be here!!!!! Good luck! Hope to hear from you soon!
I think you mean 38 weeks instead of 28 weeks. hahaha
That is my biggest fear too will be having contractions and getting there and the nurses hooking me up and me not having "proof" that I really had contractions all along. Even after 7, I'm still so nervous about that part.
Sorry you were sent home. That was kinda my worry too........after ALL THAT PREP, and nothing to show. sorry sorry. Good thing your mom is a free babysitter, right?
He'll be here soon enough.
Post a Comment