Only a month away from 1 years old. Where has the time gone???
Here is what Corben is up to...
~Prefers walking to crawling now, thank goodness, because his poor little knees were getting so worn out -both his actual knees and his pants. However, his bum gets beat up now because he still falls a lot. He is improving every day, though, as he walks more and more!
~Has three teeth...two on the middle bottom and one on the top side.
~Is slowly getting the hang of 'real' food...has successfully had (in addition to puffs) bread, graham crackers, and yogurt melts.
~Still occasionally wakes up once during the night, but is sleeping all the way through more and more. So maybe sleeping through 4 days a week and getting a bottle the other three on average. There has only been one time that he went two nights in a row without a bottle. But I'll take it!
~Is (sadly) starting to transition to one nap a day. I can't remember when Rylee did this, but I feel like it was not until a little older. Maybe not, though. If he naps in the morning then he will take FOREVER to go to sleep for his afternoon nap if he ever does. So sometimes we skip the morning nap so he'll take an afternoon nap. I feel like in the past week he has only had one or two days where he took two naps, but we put him down for a lot more than that.
~Doesn't say much that we understand except for mama and dada. Occasionally waves bye bye. Oh, and if you say, "Ready, Set....." really slow then he'll say a really quick cute "go" (sounds more like "doe"). It's really cute!
~Loves to clap and look a ceiling fans. He always goes to whoever is tallest in the room and closest to the fan.
~If someone is laying on the floor with their head on a pillow he will sometimes crawl over and plop his head on the pillow, too, and then roll to the side on top of you. It's really cute and funny.
~Church is a nightmare. We'll leave it at that.
~We're working on calling him 'Corben' more often as opposed to 'Popo." One day Rylee started calling him "Coben," so that's when I tried to start doing better. Now he gets called quite regularly: "Corben," "Popo," "Coben," and (a combination): "Poben." No matter what Rylee calls him, it comes out really cute!
~Loves to play peek a boo.
~There is a bottom drawer in the kitchen that he loves to open (it has a lock on it, but it doesn't work anymore). He knows he's not supposed to open it and as soon as he opens it he whips around to look at me and I'm pretty sure he shook his finger at me the other day when he did it. lol
~Got his 3rd hair cut yesterday, this time using Grandpa's homemade "flowbe." He was not a fan and as a result I need to trim a few more hairs at the back and ears. But it's still better than it was.
~Woke up yesterday with his 2nd cold/cough this month. And he just barely got over the first ones (that literally lasted about 3 weeks) last week. Sad, sad.
I got a video yesterday when he actually turned 11 months because video does better on the ipad. However, I thought the camera was not working, so I tried to get a few pictures with the ipad, but he wasn't smiling and they were a little blurry. So we did another photo shoot this morning when he was very smiley and the camera was working. So here you have it today's smile photo shoot....
(lol...I'm just noticing this funny smile he's making...that's not normal, despite how it may appear!)
This is just a small sampling of yesterday's pictures and you can see why we did a re-do today!
Rylee just HAD to get in on it, too. ; )
Here are some pictures of Corben from this past month...
Well, this isn't actually a picture of Corben, but something I did this month. I hadn't planned on making a name thingy for Corben like I did for Rylee, but then I saw the one that Sara made for Caroline and I really liked the idea and...the rest is history.
Not quite sure about that Bojangles biscuit...
He likes looking at books with Rylee
Really not a fan of that lemon...coming through loud and clear with no words at all. : )
He loves to try and sit in (or on) buckets
I need to try and take more pictures of Corben for next month! I have a lot more videos and even more that are of him and Rylee together, but I need to do better with pictures of just him. Either way, I love this little wiggle bug to pieces! We are so happy to have him in our family! : )
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment