Sunday, November 9, 2014

Rylee's 3rd Birthday Party

So for Rylee's birthday party I hadn't planned on a 'theme' but kind of ended up with a butterfly theme.  We decorated the night before so that when Rylee got up it was all ready for her.  She loved all the balloons!


Here's the cake.  Such as it is.  So many things I would do differently now, but oh, well.












Before we even put the candles in the cake...





So last year she wouldn't blow out her candles, so literally all year long we've been singing Happy Birthday to her and practicing blowing out a candle after the singing ends.  But at her party...totally got all shy and wouldn't even crack a smile while we were singing.  I really wish I'd gotten it on video, but I didn't have the ipad at the moment.



 Finally exciting to see all the smoke because Jonathan finally blew out her candles for her. 

Her presents...
From us:
Doll house
Sticker book
Gummy vitamins

From Nate & Geri:
Cute dog purse

From Grandma & Grandpa Leckie:
Accessory set for dollhouse
Broom
Sweeper set

From Daniel & Jessica Jenkins:
LOTS of candy in a basket!


 From Grandma & Grandpa Buffington:
More accessories for her dollhouse!






1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh my lanta, that is a HUGE birthday cake!! how did you do that?? It is such an awesome cake! Emmie would be thrilled! I have no idea what I"m going to do for her cake yet. Her party is a week after we get back from Disney, so I have to plan it now...but my mind can only think about planning Disney stuff. So I'm not sure what I'll pull off. This cake is so cool though! Too cute, I've never seen her shy :) Love the little dollhouse and accessories she got! So fun! What a fun birthday to remember! :)