June 4, 2014
So Rylee has taken to --how do I put this--categorizing her poops. Daddy poop, mommy poop, baby poops...depending on the size. Today she had FOUR sippy cups full of water (two of those had about 1 tbsp of juice mixed in), so I figured she might have to poop at one point, although yesterday she pooped a TON (a whole 'family' of poop haha), so I wasn't sure. Anyway, right before her bath she sat on the potty for a few minutes trying to poop.
R: Daddy poop coming down!
Me: You're going to poop a big daddy poop?!
R: No, mommy poop.
pushes some more
R: It's coming!
pushes some more
This goes on for a minute or two with no poop coming out, so she says she's done and I put her in the tub. After her bath she says she needs to go potty again, so I put her back on the toilet. The same conversation basically takes place with again no poop. So I help her off the potty and as she's getting off she says, "Daddy poop hiding in bottom."
Oh, and while she was on the potty the first time, I had killed a big carpenter ant (they occasionally get in ) and used a square of toilet paper to put it in the toilet. While she was in her bath, the ant had come loose from the toilet paper. So right before Rylee got off the potty the second time, she looks in the toilet, sees the ant, and very excitedly says, "Rylee did baby poop!"
June 6, 2014
Today we were walking on the Swamp Rabbit Trail. (Well, I was walking and pushing Rylee and Corben in their strollers). Four runners passed us...3 guys wearing just short running shorts and a girl wearing tiny shorts and a sports bra. After they passed us, Rylee said, "They're going to the water." Very matter of factly. lol When we're reading the scripture readers, if there are Lamanites without shirts on they are going swimming and and if there are pictures of people of being baptized she says they're taking a bath. ha
July 2014
We pulled down the driveway to pick up my mom to go walk and go to Bouncing Babies at the library. When my mom came out, Rylee said, "Grandma love Bounce Babies." lol
July 2014
Not so much something she said as something she did. She has been doing so much better at not wetting her pull up at night, but that means that almost every night she wakes up to go potty at some point. We used to have a lock on the her knob from the inside, but I finally took it off. She still doesn't open it by herself, though, I guess from habit. Instead, she lays on the floor with her face right by the crack and yells for me. One night I heard her calling for me, so I went and opened her door. The night light had burnt out and her room was completely dark. And she was on the floor by the closet door hollering for me. Poor thing...so confused. : (
July 2014
The last few days, whenever I get frustrated with Rylee and ask her why she did something, she just very sweetly looks at me and says, "It be okay, Mommy! It be okay." Over and over. lol
August 1, 2014
So my dad made a 'Frankenstein' lawn mower out of several old mowers. It's one of a kind I tell ya. He was using it on our gully today kind of like a bushwhacker. The base is red and he wrote on the lawn mower the name he gave it: Leroy Brown. "You know, like the song...'Leroy Brown, baddest man in the whole...town' (he hummed through that part)." As a side note...you know that part in Jurassic Park when they lower the cow into the raptor pen and you see all the trees waving around as the raptors eat the cow? My dad working in the gully kind of reminded me of that...could hear the loud mower and see all the trees/brush waving around, but couldn't see him. ANYWAY...after he got some of it cleared, he took Rylee down so he could show her the bridge that crosses the 'creek' (aka trickle of water). You couldn't see the bridge before because it was all so over grown. I saw them by Leroy talking before they came back up to the house. When the got here my dad asked Rylee, "What's the lawn mower's name?" And she just said, "Leroy." My dad was like, "It's Leroy Brown." Rylee said, "No, not brown. It's red." lol My dad says he's going to change it to say Leroy Red now, but not sure if he really will or not. Either way it was funny. : )
**Update...the lawn mower does in fact now say "Leroy Red" on it.
August 2014
Lately Rylee has been saying "it sure...." fill in the blank. A few examples:
Walking outside on a nice morning I said, "It feels so good out here!"
Rylee, "It sure does!"
Coloring a big circle on her paper:
"Sure is a big circle!"
Sitting next to Corben in the glider when he stands up (I was fortunate to catch this on video although it's a little hard to hear)
"Corben sure is big!"
Looking at all the toys on the floor
"It sure is messy in here!"
Trying to pull the lever (that's hard for her to pull) down on the blinds
"It sure is stuck!"
Seriously, the list goes on and on and on. It is so cute.
I occasionally call Corben The Little Monster. For example, if Rylee and I are in the bathroom and we here his little feet running down the hall I'll say, "Oh, no! Here comes the little monster!" As a result Rylee sometimes also calls him the little monster. Or scary monster. I have to remind her that he's not scary...just little. ; )
She is the slowest eater ever. She'll eat it, but usually only if we feed it to her. She just pokes at it. Drives me crazy. And usually her milk and whatever fruit is on her plate is the first to go followed by the vegetable. If she eats the main dish before any of that then you know she really likes it! Lately the only things she's gobbled up is salisbury steak. It's always been one of her favorites.
August 21, 2014
Rylee loves to paint and color with her crayons...sort of. She does like to do them which could be great if I could get some other things done. Meaning that after a few scribbles (which do occasionally actually look like something) all she wants to do is watch ME color or paint flowers or tractors or rainbows. It really drives me crazy. I'm like, "Rylee. YOU said you wanted to color. I don't want to color." But I usually succumb and draw a bunch of flowers at least. Simple flowers. After every flower she tells me it's beautiful. If I ask her if she wants to draw a flower she says, "No, I fine." And if I don't color in the petals or the leaves (on purpose so she'll color them), she'll exclaim, "Oh no! It missing someting!" And then proceeds to color it in. : )
August 21, 2014
Me: "Rylee, what do you want to watch today?" (While Corben naps)
Rylee, enthusiastically: "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!"
Me (sarcastically): "Shocker."
Rylee (confused): "I not shocker. I Rylee."
August 2014
Rylee has a toy kitchen with a bunch of play food. We keep the play food in a bag put away and have a rule it can only come out if the room is relatively clean already. Whenever she does pull it out, Corben would start putting the food back in the bag (because that's fun, ya know?). It would make Rylee SO MAD that he was cleaning it up right after they got it out. So now she dumps it out and then hides the bag from Corben. lol
August 28, 2014
Rylee is really into saying "Awww, shucks" lately. I think maybe Goofy says in on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse? Not sure. As an example, after our walk at Furman this morning, I was putting Rylee in her carseat and she was resisting being buckled. As I was working to buckle her in, she kept waving her hand at me saying, "Shoo, shoo, shoo." Once I finally got her all buckled, her hand dropped and she said, "Awww, shucks."
November 2014
Brian & Kate were out of school so they came and walked with us at Furman which was a lot of fun! The next day was Wednesday. That morning I was talking to Rylee about how much fun it had been for Brian & Kate to come with us. Then I added, "And tomorrow we get to go to Bouncing Babies!" To which she replied, "Brian and Kate love Bouncing Babies!"
So looking back, the last time I did an 'update' about Rylee was clear back in February. Yikes! So here's a few things about her now...well, some of it is as of about August when I originally made this post and I added a few things from now. Confusing. I really shouldn't have waited so long to post this!
First, her 3-year old stats:
Weight: 31 Pounds (55% Percentile)
Height: 37.6 inches (66% Percentile)
~ Stopped sucking on her pacifier MONTHS ago. Probably not long after I did the last post, actually.
~ Finally stopped wetting her pull-up at night. After 2 weeks of not wetting her pull-up at night I started putting panties on her for bed at least a month ago. Since she has started wearing panties to bed a few months ago, she has only wet the bed a few times. The last time was over a month ago when we were in New York. *knock on wood*
~Her favorite show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She also likes Doc McStuffins, Sheriff Callie, and Wonder Pets, but since we downgraded our Dish she doesn't get to see those much anymore. Instead she likes Daniel Tigers Neighborhood, Peg Plus Cat, Super Y, Curious George, and Wild Kratts on PBS.
~Likes playing 'her games' on the (old) iphone (aka ipod now) and knows pretty well how to access them. I try to just not get it out at all because once I do she has a fit when I take it away. Most days it never leaves my bedroom.
~Knows her whole name, but she'll only say it for people who already know it, so it wouldn't do her much good if she ever got lost.
~Will FINALLY say the blessing on her own. She's known it for a long time and will say it with help, but now she can say the whole thing by herself.
~Loves books, especially the Dr. Seuss books like The Cat in the Hat, The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, I Wish that I had Duck Feet, But Not Hooper Humperdink. And a few others I can't think of right now. She really enjoys the Berenstein Bear books, too.
~Favorite primary song is probably Follow the Prophet. We did a FHE series where we sang it every week and highlighted one of the verses each week. So anytime we have FHE and ask her what she wants to sing that's what she picks even though it's not the topic anymore.
~Has started singing like crazy. Her big thing right now is when we sing a song, after we finish, she'll say, "Now do it fast!"
~Love to play with playdough, paint, do puzzles, and color. She has gotten pretty good at coloring which I just love.
~Is somewhat unremorseful. If she does something that irks me and she knows it she'll do this crazy grin and be like, "I sorry, Mommy!' And then give me a kiss and tell me I'm all better. Riiigggghhhttt...
~Often makes a suggestion that we do something and follow up her suggestion with, "That's a great idea!"
~Her imagination has really taken off the last few weeks. She loves playing with her dolls and all her toys often have conversations together.
~Speaking of imagination...there are often 'sharks' and 'alligators on our floor. And today I saw her walking around with her pants pushed up to her knees. I asked Jonathan why her pants were pulled up and he told me it was because she was walking through the water. lol
~When we're in the car she'll often ask, "Where are we going next?" And lately when we're in the car she'll inform me that we need to go to Grandma's house because she has a fire that will warm us up.
Some pictures from this year:
February 2014
March 2014
Saying a blessing
Sitting on her doll's head
She went through a stint where anytime it was windy or breezy she got worried about her hair.
April 2014
This was after I took Corben's monthly picture...she lined them all up to take a picture.
At Furman
Those are her feet coming out from under the bed. If only she knew how many cobwebs were under there!
May 2014
June 2014
July 2014
Sitting on her pillow we always take with us to Walmart
Getting toes painted for the first time. Daddy got his painted, too!
August 2014
September 2014
Reading to her baby doll
Reading "The Very Busy Spider"
So September had nice weather and when Corben was napping I'd often take Rylee outside. I feel quite guilty about this since I know Corben would love to be outside playing, but if you know Corben and you know my yard then you know the two don't go well together.
October 2014
Trying inch her way out of her room one night.
So during General Conference, whenever the choir would sing, Rylee would get her 'hymnbook' and sing along, too.
Selfies
So I guess she roller out of bed one night, but I didn't realize it until a good bit later. She just kept sleeping on, though. lol
Trying on her pirate costume. This is better than any pictures I got the night of the Trunk or Treat even though she is missing her vest and boots.
A different night...her legs were clear under the crib on the other side of the room.
Turning 3!
November 2014
Modeling her 'new' Goodwill dress. It's a SIZE SIX. The things I have to buy to get the length I want on this tall girl.
I watched her drag her rocking giraffe onto the couch, cover it with a blanket, and then go get a book to read it. lol
Heard her singing one day and found this...
Kate & Rylee having a tea party at Grandma's house
Her babydolls were all napping on the couch pillows
Watching something no the iphone. She loves to sit on our bed.
This just made me chuckle...'Super Cow' (aka Chick Fil A cow) and Sniffs have come for lunch it would seem!
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment