Corben
I missed Corben's 20 month post...something about it being on Christmas Eve and family being in town, so this is a combined 20/21 month post. A few things from the past two months:
~Has crazy energy compared to Rylee at this age. He has been jumping and jumping for months which I didn't think much of until I went and looked at Rylee's 21 month post and a video of her 'jumping' at this age. Yeah...she ain't got nothin' on Corben's jumping!
~Doesn't have too much trouble going up or down stairs.
~Has embraced saying "Okay," but has not quite embraced the meaning. lol You would think from how he says it that he means it, but he doesn't really. His actions usually contradict it. It's really cute, though.
~He is Mr. Independent. Once he figures out that he knows how to do it, he throws a major tantrum if you don't let him do it on his own. Just an example...his high chair. He climbed into it one time on his own and now he will flail if I start to put him in it instead. I really don't mind him climbing in it, but he's just slow about it sometimes. He'll be practically in it, but if he even thinks you might be coming to help him (which I'm not; just walking by), he'll scramble down really fast. It can be exasperating if we're in a hurry.
~Still sleeps through the night and has an afternoon nap.
~Sacrament meeting is miserable. Seriously, I dread every Sunday. He gets taken out A LOT.
~LOVES to throw balls (anything, really) and kick balls. He is really good and I'm convinced he's going to be a star soccer player. ; )
~Likes most vegetables again after his stint of not eating carrots and broccoli.
~Has FINALLY (as in just this week) mastered the spoon. *knock on wood*
~Says 'no' to EVERY question even when he means yes.
~I'm not sure if Rylee knew any letters at all at this age, but Corben knows A, B, C, F, H, J, L, M, O, P, S, T, U, W, and X. Random, I know.
~Still sleeps/lays with his hands behind his head all the time, but I have finally stopped taking pictures of it all the time. : )
Some pictures and videos...
He fell asleep on the way home and it was later in the evening so I didn't want him taking a long nap so I put him in the floor instead of his room.
In the hammock with Grandpa
We had a picnic in the kitchen one day and he surprised me by actually sitting still through the whole meal
We went to Gravitopia since Corben loves jumping so much. He didn't really jump as much as I thought he would, but he loved running around everywhere and even jumped in the blocks a few times.
He did NOT want to leave!
One Saturday we were busy, so he didn't get his usual afternoon nap. He was pooped out by supper time!
With cousin Caroline...he's almost exactly 2 months older than her. She's dainty. : )
You know, because sitting on the springs is oh so much more comfortable...
Corben loves putting 'hats' of any kind on his head.
Just a picture I took today on his "21st" month birthday.
Rylee
~Actually doesn't usually sleep through the night anymore. She doesn't cry or anything; she just usually ends up on our bed at some point between about 4 and 6, I think. Give or take. I used to take her back to her bed, but as long as she goes right to sleep I don't really care enough to wake up enough to take her back. And actually main concern used to be that she'd wet our bed, but we got a waterproof mattress pad so I don't have to worry about that anymore.
~Is loving Sunbeams. I've recently been called to teach the 6-year-old and I've been excited to be able to see how she does in primary, but she always wants to come sit with me in Sharing Time. This past Sunday was the first Sunday she actually sat with her class, but she tried to come twice to sit with me.
~Sings all the time. I. Love. It.
~Her imagination is wonderful. I love watching her play with her toys and see everything she comes up with.
Just sleeping in our bed one morning.
Her and Corben were both sick one week and slept a lot.
How I did her hair for the ward Christmas party
So for Christmas Rylee got this game called The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel Game. We love it! I highly recommend it. We had already played a couple games, but she was playing with some of her toys (not how it's actually supposed to be played at this point, but she was having fun).
She is the funniest tip-toer ever. I finally got it on video one day:
Both of them
~They can't live with each other and they can't live without each other. Every once in awhile they'll play nice together, but it's rare. Every other time they're fighting over a toy. Drives me batty. Rylee does thing thing where if Corben comes near she'll like dig her head into his side to keep him away. Arg. I just don't know what to do about it. Corben will pull out a toy and Rylee will immediately want it and take it. Or sometimes she'll be playing with something and decide she's done and go play with something else. Meanwhile, Corben will see it and start to play with it and Rylee throws a fit. All because she doesn't want him playing with it. Ridiculous.
~They love for us to get the lighter down and sing happy birthday and let them blow out the 'candle.' (flame)
~They love bananas and each have one every morning. They also love any kind of fruit basically.
So I was in the kitchen making supper and they had been quiet down the hall for a good little bit. I peeked around the corner and saw them and went to get the ipad to take a picture. As I left, Rylee grinned and said, "Mommy going to take a picture?" She knows me so well. ; )
I just love when they play nice together
Corben holding his own when Rylee climbed in his crib
They love the horses they got for Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa Buffington! (And I love that there's TWO of them so no fighting. :)
Bliss. You'd never know that ten minutes before this picture was taken they were screaming and fighting over the train. : )
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



.jpg)

.jpg)

1 comment:
I just watched EVERY movie on there with Royce and Kellyn.....they loved them.
I'm always completely SHOCKED when I see them because I can't get Rylee OR Corbin to say a WORD to me in church....LET ALONE SING!!!!!
And I totally get the dreading church thing. Certain stages with certain kids I was the same way!!!!!!
I like having you in primary though now.
Post a Comment