Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Corben Turned 2!

Here are Corben's 2-year stats:
Weight:  30 lbs (84%)
Height:  35.4 inches (76%)
Head:  48.8 cm 

(Incidentally, when Rylee was 2 she was 25 lbs)

Here's what Corben has been up to lately:

~Can count to 13 and does so often.  (I haven't thought that was a big deal until I read Rylee's 2-year-post and saw that she was only counting to 5 and sometimes 6.  Ironically, she now counts like this:  "1,2,4,6,7,8,9..."  I don't know how she's forgotten to count with Corben counting correctly all the time. lol)

~Has started sometimes walking on his tip toes, but with his toes curled under.  If that makes any sense.  I haven't gotten a picture, yet.  It's kind of ballerina-ish.  But never fear...I walked on my toes like this, too, when I was little and am far from a ballerina now. lol

~Knows some of his colors:  purple, pink, blue, yellow, red, and sometimes green.

~Has transitioned to a toddler bed.  I will not go into details here, but suffice it to say we had a rough 2 weeks between only-crib and only-toddler bed.  The end result, *knock on wood* is that he goes goes down great at night with no problems and usually goes down fine at nap time, although more often than not a minute after I put him down he'll climb out and go to sleep on the body pillow next to the bed.  Which would be fine except that he really needs a two hour nap and if he falls asleep on the body pillow he'll often roll off of it after one hour and wake up too early.  

~Knows all his letters and what sound they make (although sometimes he has a hard time with G and J)

~Has tantrums all.the.time.  Anything and everything will set him off.  It's exasperating because Rylee was never like this.

~Is usually great at helping to clean up toys.

~Talks all the time.  Some of his favorite things to say include something like this (said while pointing his finger and crying):  "Not want go home!  Go see Ahma!" (Grandma)

~I mentioned this before, but he has been doing better (it's relative) in sacrament meeting since we started sitting with Nate and Geri.  Corben LOVES Nate and Geri.  Nate is his favorite. Next to Grandpa, of course.

~Is pretty snuggly considering how much he likes to run.  After his nap he'll usually lay with me on the couch for half an hour or so while he watches something and that's when I get a short nap. 

Some pictures:

Just being cute one day.  Too bad it wasn't closer; a half-way decent picture of him smiling. : )

Making his own trampoline.  This kid LOVES to jump!

I don't think Corben has EVER fallen asleep in the recliner and then he did it twice in one week...I'm telling you, that transition from crib to bed was rough; he didn't really get naps for a little bit.

WHY?  He is trying to climb INto the crib.

So that two week transition from crib to toddler bed included A LOT of this kind of stuff...




Napping on the floor



They were really quiet for awhile one day (that Corben didn't get a nap) and this is what I saw when I peeked. lol  Poor little guy.


At the ward campout

One day I looked and he had put the pillow on top of him before he fell asleep.

Napping on the body pillow (before eventually rolling off)

One day when we were walking around the lake at Furman we stopped and let the kids put their hands in the fountain.  Corben laid like this for a few minutes.  It was pretty cute. His little cheek was red from the cold stone when he finally got up.

We didn't celebrate Corben's birthday ON his birthday, but we did let him blow out candles on his panCAKE. : )



And then I tried to get a good picture of him on his 2nd birthday...it's really hard to get a picture of him just being STILL and smiling.  But he's cute either way!







Since still pictures weren't happening we did some counting...

And just had a conversation...

That night I made his cake.  I had planned on doing a cake just like Rylee's 2nd birthday... a plain white cake with a "2" stencil done in sprinkles.  BUT...then I went to dollar tree that morning and ended up getting ball napkins, plates, and balloons, so at the last minute I decided to attempt a ball themed cake.  I thought it came out pretty good.  (Side note...we were all pooping green for days. lol)



The next day we celebrated Corben's birthday.  Grandma & Grandpa Leckie, Nate, Geri, Brian and Kate came.  Corben had a great time!


(I just laugh every time I watch this...it's the most gloomy Happy Birthday song ever. lol)







A robot fish as Rylee calls it.  Corben calls him "Emo" (Nemo...it's a clown fish).  It's actually pretty cool and incredibly low maintenance.











After taking the picture I realized I forgot to get the gears he got off the fridge...



Despite the tantrums, Corben is pretty cute and loveable and we are so happy to have him in our family! : )

1 comment:

Beth said...

I think I don't check your blog often enough, because....when did Rylee's hair turn from blond to brown?! That threw me for a loop - I obviously haven't been following as closely along the past few months!

Corben is adorable with his expressions!! I think too because you mentioned Nate, he suddenly started looking like Nate in a lot of the pictures.

You have the train book! So cool! I haven't seen that one. Does he like it? And I found the same gears on sale and got them to give as an easter present to one of the kids...but forgot. Do they like it? I have magnets of animlas on the fridge now, but Eli just chews the pictures off of all of them ;)

Have you guys tried a guard rail? They make them for cribs (not the expensive wooden kinds by the company that barely cover anything, but net ones). We got ours for about $25 at Toys R Us (Walmart and Targer and Amazon have them too). Life saver for keeping Emmie in the bed when she was transitioning. What did Rylee do during that phase?

This was such a nice update - Happy Birthday Corben!! :)

And PS - the security on your blog is WOAH. Is that you and Jonathan reading off numbers that I have to hear and record to post this?? lol!!