Friday, June 19, 2015

It's A....

We had the ultrasound on Wednesday morning (June 3), but Jonathan has been really wanting to do a gender reveal party, which sounds fun except for the waiting a little longer to find out. ; )  As I told my aunt Wednesday night, I was 99% sure that it was another boy because:

~With Rylee I was a little sick, but with Corben I wasn't sick at all.  And I haven't been sick this pregnancy, either.  
~At all my doctors appointments the heartbeat has been in the low 140's.  (Old wive's tale says that higher heart rates are girls and lower are boys).  
~With both Rylee and Corben I didn't start to feel them move until about 22 weeks.  I felt this baby move the first time at 11 weeks.  Not much, but definitely something.  And at 19 weeks I feel it move a lot (I started this post awhile back...I'm 21 weeks now).  If you know Corben then you know that these things indicated another...shall we say...energetic boy.  

Before I ever got pregnant I thought of a girl name I loved, but haven't really loved any boy names.  Anyway, Wednesday night Jonathan and I figured we better start looking into boy names.  He said I just looked so depressed looking for boy names when I already had a great girl name picked out that we could just go ahead and look.  I told him it was up to him and I'm happy that he let me go ahead and look.  As he gave me the envelope I told him I'd probably cry if it was a girl (I really wanted to have another girl so Rylee could have a sister).  And then I added that I'd probably cry if it was a boy, too  (out of fear. haha...kidding...sort of).  Well I BAWLED when I saw the picture that said it was a GIRL!!!!  I am ecstatic.  Jonathan said my entire demeanor changed.  I still can't believe it.  I was so sure it was a boy.  So it's a good thing we looked early because I would have hated bawling in front of everyone when we had the gender reveal party. We pretty much have a name picked out, but not going to say just yet.

So here are pictures from the actual reveal party that we had on Friday the 5th.  Part of me is still glad I knew ahead of time, but the other part thinks it would have been fun to find out with everyone else. At the party, only one person (Sara) knew that we already knew what it was.  Everyone else thought we were just finding out (I won't go into the reasons for this right now), and I think that's part of the reason it wasn't what I was imagining.  You know, having to pretend to be surprised.  My reaction is not the genuine excitement that it was when we opened the envelope. Plus Jonathan had a horrible headache, so yeah...the reveal was just okay. lol  Have I mentioned, though, how EXCITED I am to have another girl??? : )




Pictures from the ultrasound...



During the ultrasound at this point the mouth was opening closing a lot which was really cool.














3 comments:

Beth said...

Ohhhhh!! She's got your chin!! She is so adorable! Looking at her pictures really makes me want another one :) We couldn't wait for our gender reveal party either, so we made a cake, and then had our family members be the ones to cut into it, while we recorded their reactions. That was fun! :) Really fun to hear of your reaction when you found out - what a good man that Jonathan is :) Glad he was cool with letting you look, and so happy for you that it's a girl!!!

Lisa said...

Yay!!! Glad you're having another girl!!! The two girls can gang up on Corben. :) Just kidding. It'll be fun to see the new little (or big) personality that she'll have. Yay for babies!

mary had a... said...

Love your fun reveal idea!! And so excited for you... and this all makes me so excited too! Eeeek! :)))