Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Baylor at 2 Months

Squeezing in a quick 2 month post before she turns 3 month sin 2 days.  Her 2 month post kind of got lost in the middle of our move to Maryland.  We drove up here on December 9th (the day she turned 2 months old) and did manage to take some pictures that night in our empty apartment. However, the furniture did not arrive until the next day, so I did not get a recliner picture.  And the past month has been crazy with getting settled in, traveling back to SC for New Years, and a list a mile long still of things I need to get done.  Oh, well.  










 






So I had scheduled her 2 month appointment awhile back with a doctor I found online who had good reviews.  My kids have always gone to The Childrens Clinic back in Greenville which I loved.  And they've recently put everything online and I love being able to go in at anytime to see records of their appointments/stats/immunizations, etc.  Not to mention I've really liked the doctors and nurses, too.  Let's just say I was REALLY disappointed in her 2 month appointment.  I just can't figure out why the doctor has such good reviews online.  Maybe if you've never been to a really nice group like I have then you would think he was great.  I've been spoiled I realize now.  Anyway, the first odd thing was that he answered the phone and scheduled the appointment himself when I called, but he at least sounded really nice.  So I arrived with Baylor only (it was before Jonathan's job started back, so I didn't have to take all the kids) and there was at least a secretary.  And the tiny waiting room was chuck full of toys, including a club house, that I knew Rylee and Corben would love.  The doctor was nice, but didn't have a single nurse.  So he did all the measuring himself.  He was quick and not what I'd call gentle, but he was older, so I figured he just has a lot of experience.  The room was like a converted office:  old desk with an older scale on it (NOT electronic), the table was sitting on plywood.  Old mismatched office chairs to sit in.  Not the pristine neat room we were used to back in SC for sure.  There was not a single computer in the entire office.  So the stats and immunization record were hand written (doctor-written=illegible basically) in this little booklet he gave me.  Not the nice print out I was used to, not to mention no way to look it up later online.  Even the secretary used an appointment book rather than a computer.  Oh, and immunizations.  Back home they combined certain shots so that the baby gets less.  Not here.  And poor Baylor had to get 5 shots.  It was sad.  So I debated for awhile about whether to go back and I think I'm going to find someone else.  Surely there's a good group up here, right? 

Anyway, she weighed (roughly) 12 lbs 7 oz..."about" the 75%

She's sleeping MUCH better...she usually has at least one 5 hour long stretch which is great.   Staying awake more during the day and just generally a pretty happy and easy baby.

This is the bed she sleeps in at night.  Rylee and Corben both slept on my newborn lounger for the first 3-4 months of their life.  When Baylor was about 1 week old for the first time ever I noticed this big sign on the lounger saying, "NEVER let infant sleep on lounger." So of course I was a paranoid about it after that, so Baylor sleeps in this instead.  She doesn't seem to mind. 



Put her in the bumbo for the first time.  She did really great.  And when she would start to kind of slowly lean to the side she'd actually get herself back up.





She was blessed on Sunday, November 29th by Jonathan in the same dress that Rylee was blessed in.



(L to R: Daniel, Tom, Ben, Baylor, Jonathan, Dad, Nate)

Since she wasn't SUPER smiley/happy before church, I tried again after with slightly better results.



Driving to Maryland


1 comment:

Genealogy...Living in the Past Lane! said...

Awwwww! Look how adorable she is!!! I love her cute smiley picture after her blessing and the ones where she looks so content in her chair she sleeps in. I had Eli sleep in one of those after birth, but he never seemed quite comfy in it. We've discovered since then though that he is quite the mover at night~! ;) So great to read the update and hear some stories. What a crazy doctor experience!! I had a nurse in the NICU handle Eli roughly and it always had me on edge when it was her night to be his nurse. I think they always stuck her with us since there was nothing really wrong with Eli and he was on the one she would do the least amount of damage too, because they NEVER stuck her with the really sick babies. It always took him a full day of sleeping after one of her shifts to recover from her. Reading about a doctor being rough with a 2 month old made me have flashbacks to that~! I think you are totally justified in finding another doctor. Maybe someone in the ward knows a really good one....y'know, outside of this one?? They have charts online as well that will help you know the percentages. Those are so fun to know~!

I know trying to settle into a new place with a newborn is a beast, hope you guys are finding new ways to enjoy your new area and Jonathan is enjoying the new job. How is the new ward? The weather? Travel back to Greenville? I just found a branch of my family tree last night that had a few generations all in Spartanburg, SC - I had to go look up where that was - and was happy to see it is so close to your hometown~! Might have to check it out next time we're out that way.

Thanks again for the update! Loved getting to know Baylor more!