Thursday, February 11, 2016

Baylor at 4 Months

Baylor is one happy baby...as long as she's getting attention.  She goes through spurts of sleeping better some nights better than others.  This past week we had a few miserable nights, but the past two nights have been better.  Relatively speaking.  She hasn't rolled over, yet, but is REALLY close.  I thought she was going to do it yesterday for sure.  So at night she doesn't really want to sleep in the bouncer anymore because she's trying to get onto her side.  And she refuses to sleep long in the crib. It's causing me grief.  I've tried several times throughout this month to put her to bed in the crib, but inevitably she ends up in bed with me for a little bit and in her bouncer for a little bit.  We put her to bed around 8:00, but she usually gets 2 bottles a night still plus many times she wakes up and I just have to put the pacifier in her mouth.  Neither Rylee nor Corben took a pacifier at this age and at first I was excited that Baylor does, but now I hate it.  I hate having to wake up and put it in her mouth over and over.  Of course, if we were in our old house I would just let her fuss it out.  But here I just try to get her quiet as quickly as possible since I know she's woken our neighbor at least once.  And Jonathan usually has to get up around 4:30, so I don't want her disturbing him.

Sleep during the day is also a problem.  She basically refuses to sleep more than 30-45 minutes at a time unless she's being held or in her car seat.  I always said I'd eventually have a problem sleeper and Baylor is doing her best to fill that position.  I put dark blankets over the curtains in her room in hopes it will help her nap better.  Yesterday I tried it for the first time and she slept 2 hours and 10 minutes in her crib for a nap.  I 'only' had to go put her pacifier in 3 times.  Not sure if it was the dark room or the shots she got yesterday morning, but it gives me hope either way.

Luckily she is usually super smiley and sweet when she is awake.

She a big baby.  Probably because most of the month she was drinking about 5 ounces every 2 1/2 hours (and screaming bloody murder if you tried waiting 3 ours).  We have just switched to bigger bottles and medium flow nipples in an effort to do 6 ounces every 4 or 5 hours.  Fingers crossed that also helps with the night time sleeping.

She had her well baby check up yesterday and they said she looked perfect.  We went to a new place called International Pediatrics.  As the name suggests all the staff speaks Spanish and we were the only native-English speakers there.  I was very unimpressed by bit crowded dirty waiting room and the 45 minute wait, so I had decided that would be our only visit there.  BUT, the nurse practitioner and nurses were all super nice (we didn't even see an actual doctor), so I guess we'll go back there next time.  They at least seemed to be up with the times.

Baylor's stats: 
Weight:  15 lbs 5 oz (75%)
Height:  23 3/4 inches (22%)
Head:  30 cm (34%)

By comparison, Rylee and Corben at 4 months;
Rylee:  
Weight: 13 lbs 10 oz (39%)
Height: 25 3/4 inches (94%)
Head: 42 1/2 cm (94%)

Corben: 
Weight:  16 lbs 13 oz (78%)
Height:  26 inches (85%)
Head:  42 1/4 cm (70%)

So while Rylee and Corben are tall and skinny with big heads like their dad, clearly Baylor is short and squat with a small head like her momma.  Poor thing. lol

She was pretty perfect for her photo shoot...






















And some other pictures from this month...

Rylee LOVES Baylor and is always asking me to take picture of them together.  She is ALWAYS getting up in Baylor's face and I'm constantly having to tell her to give Baylor some space.  Unfortunately, Baylor seems to be pretty crazy about Rylee, too, and just smiles when Rylee is in her face which doesn't help my case any. ; )

She's not rolling over, yet, but she sure does a lot of squirming! (Her head started out centered on the burp cloth with her feet going the other towards the couch)

The one and only time she slept 10 hours...she woke up WAY smiley the next morning!



After a HUGE blowout that required a bath.  I think she did it on purpose just to get a bath because she loves them so much! She seems pretty pleased with herself.

Baylor and Rylee having stimulating conversation

I pulled out her activity center and she really seems to love it!



I just love her little hands.  : )


I forgot to buckle her in the swing and she nearly squirmed out.  She really didn't seem too concerned.









1 comment:

Genealogy...Living in the Past Lane! said...

Oh my goodness! I thoroughly am enjoying getting to know little Baylor!!! Thanks for posting these updates! Her face in the bath picture with your captioning just gave me the giggles - haha, she knows who's in charge ;) Love how sweet Rylee is with her. Your kids are seriously all so cute - in the side by sides of the same age, I think Baylor is turning out to look most like Corben at that age. Really fun to compare the heights and weights as well! Maybe she'll be short enough for Eli to date her one day ;). I know what you mean with Binkies - they are both a blessing, and a curse! Something that helped with Emmie is that while she was awake, I tried to never put the binky in her mouth myself, but would give it to her and let her figure out how to get it into her own mouth. When she was eventually in a crib, this helped a ton, because then I'd sprinkle about 6 in there, and she would reach out, search, and grab them in her sleep :) Eli only took a binky up to about age 5 months - he slept next to my bed, so it was pretty easy to give him a binky and roll back over to sleep. Eventually he figured out a binky is not milk and started refusing binkies, and only take nursing at night. Which was a bit of a pain. So, Like I said - a blessing and a curse ;)

Would love a picture tour of your new home sometime, if you get the chance! I'll eventually come see it, but still!