Sunday, January 24, 2016

Blizzard of 2016...aka Snowmageddon

We got some snow.  Not sure officially what the final was, but I think 30" is pretty accurate.  All week long they were talking about this storm coming and their forecast ended up being pretty spot on.  I think the biggest thing they got wrong was that they said it would be a heavy wet snow, but it ended up pretty powdery.  Which is good because it was so windy nothing really stayed on the power lines.  I haven't watched the news today, but haven't really heard of any power problems.

These pictures are out our bedroom window from when the snow first started on Friday (Jan 22).  A rough time lapse. haha

1:15 PM

 3:15 PM

5:15 PM

8:15 PM

10:15 PM

12:15 AM

(Sat) 8:15 AM

12:15 PM

3:15 PM

12:15 AM (after the snow finally stopped)

And today...these people dug out yesterday and their spots were taken pretty quickly after they left today

(Note the different cars there in this picture from tonight)

So now that the time lapse is done here are some pictures of the kids playing on the balcony.  There was just the right amount of snow to play in.

(Poor Corben...he was just so excited he ran for his flip flops. lol)


Like their "plugger snowpants"? 






After they played on the balcony we ventured out to the parking lot.  This was at 11am.  About 8-10 more inches fell before the snow stopped.  We tried to get an accurate spot, but with how windy it was, there were drifts much deeper.







(Reposting this picture so you can see how much more snow fell.  Actually more snow fell after this)
10:45 AM

3:15 PM

Other views of the parking lot



Bad lighting, but we were there!

Here you can see some of how windy it was

Digging out today.  Thank goodness for blue skies and above-freezing temps! 

That's the van.  After Jonathan dug out his car I was happy to burn some calories and spent 3 hours digging out the van.  This is also a good picture of how deep the snow was. 


So Rylee and Corben climbed to the top of that snow pile and I told them to stay on this side because I couldn't see what was on the other side and I had Baylor in the carrier, so I really couldn't go over there.  Of course they went anyway, and next thing you know Corben is shrieking because he's stuck.  

Jonathan had to go rescue them






It's hard to see in this picture, but another 2-year-old boy from the complex was also playing and had on the same jacket as Corben.  

As Rylee said when she was looking out the window, "It was the most snow we never saw!" And I'll be happy to never see it again.  On a nice note, though, Jonathan has tomorrow off.  Yay!  

I wish I'd taken a picture of my van after I dug it out.  If I take one tomorrow I'll add it, but probably unlikely.

1 comment:

Latisha said...

Nice job - Crystal. "Fun" memories!