Monday, March 14, 2016

Baylor at 5 Months

Baylor is so smiley, I love it!  She finally started laughing this month, but she IS still a little stingy with those.  

Also finally rolled over from her back to her tummy.  She doesn't like to be on her tummy for long, though, so it's kind of annoying because not long after she gets there she starts to cry.  So we put her back on her back and she just keeps crying.  Only a few times has she made it back onto her back by herself, and that's usually in her crib after she wakes up.  Rylee and Corben were both VERY mobile by this age, so this is different for me.  

Her sleeping (at night time) has improved dramatically, thank goodness.  We usually put her to bed between 7:30 and 8:30 IN HER CRIB.  And she usually wakes up for one bottle sometime between 3:00 and 5:00 and then sleeps IN HER CRIB until sometime between 7:30 and 8:30.  I say 'usually' because there's been once or twice in the past two weeks where she woke up twice (at like 1 and 5).  And there's been a couple times where I fed her at 5:00 and then she woke up again crying at 6:00 so I brought her in the bed with me so she won't wake up Rylee (they share a room).  That's so much better than how it was, though, that I'll take it.  I emphasize the 'in her crib' part because it was so hard to really get her transitioned.  She was so unhappy in her bouncer thing trying roll over.  And then once she DID learn to roll over on the floor, I was afraid she'd succeed in her bed and I wouldn't wake up.  So I'd end up putting her in the bed with me.  And then one night she rolled over on her tummy in my bed and I hardly slept a wink because I was so paranoid about it (we have a pillow topper).  I told Jonathan I could not have another night like that one and I haven't since she's been in her crib ever since.  And we are all sleeping so much better.  

Nap time is still not as consistent as I'd like.  90% of the time she only sleeps 40-45 minutes at a time.  The exception is if she's in her car seat.  On rare occasions she will nap longer if I'm holding her.  I need to do better this month at putting her down for a nap in her crib instead of her swing for naps. 

So she won't stay on her back for long and I don't want her living in the swing all the time.  And as much as I love her, I don't want to carry her around all day, so I borrowed a jumper thing from someone in the ward and it has been AWESOME.  We are on the most consistent schedule we've been on since she was born, I think.  After her bottle I put her in the jumper where she's happy anywhere from 25-45 minutes (although as of today that's going to change to just 15-20 minutes because for the first time today she was in it wearing shorts instead of a sleeper and I noticed her legs turning purple from the seat cutting off the circulation.  Poor thing).  Then I'll usually put her on the floor or in her bumbo for a little bit before putting her in the swing (or her crib) for a nap.  Then it's time to start over.  I think this feed-wake-sleep schedule is really helping with night time sleep.  Before the jumper I would feed her and hold her until she fell asleep and just sit while she napped.  And she wasn't sleeping great at night then.  And I sure wasn't getting much done! 

Still loves baths.

We temporarily bumped her up to 6 ounce bottles so we could feed her every 3 hours instead of every 2 1/2.  Well, after a day or two she wasn't coming close to finishing them, so we went back to 5 ounces, but still at 3 hours. So that's an improvement, too, even if she is still a little piglet. ;)

She rocked her 5 month photo shoot!












She wants to reach her toes SO BAD.  #fatgirlprobs


 




 



Behind the scenes...

Rylee is still in love with Baylor and it would appear the feeling is mutual most of the time. ; )

Other pictures from this month...


Neither Rylee nor Corben ever really tried to hold their bottle, but Baylor tries fairly often and doesn't do too, too bad of a job...at least for short time spurts.



This was right after Baylor rolled over for the first time.  Unfortunately, leaky poopy diapers happen WAY too often.  I think it's because she drinks a different brand of formula than Rylee & Corben did.  Her gas and poop in general smells much better (relatively speaking) than with the other formula, but the consistency leads to more leaking.  And we've tried a few different brands of diapers with the same results.  

She likes to sleep with the burp cloth on her face.  She put it there all on her own before falling asleep. 

...and took it off when she woke up.  :)


First time in the jumparoo


Fell asleep in the middle of the floor one day


Peek a boo


She's at that age where she's really starting to interact and smile at everyone and we are just loving having her in our family...especially since she's sleeping so much better at night. ; )

1 comment:

Beth said...

She is soooooooooooo CUTE! Loved hearing her "talk", and she really did rock that photo shoot :) Glad the sleep routine has gotten better, you are so good about setting those up. Loved the update!