Sunday, July 17, 2016

Dewey Beach, Delaware

Jonathan had a few days off, so we planned a little vacation to the beach.  We used all points from our credit card to pay for the hotel, so it was a relatively cheap trip.  Google maps said 2 1/2 hours, but traffic was bad crossing the bay bridge, so it took 3 1/2 hours.  Bummer.


I was looking for a place to change Baylor's diaper and saw this handy little pull over before I saw the sign. :)


I love this picture.  More and more because Rylee is on a I-don't-want-to-touch-Corben-in-pictures kick right now, so I can't get cute ones of them together.  This was our first night there and I took the kids down to the beach while Jonathan put Baylor to bed.  




Next day after lunch we all went down.  I was not a fan of this beach.  It was WINDY for one thing, but mainly I didn't like the beach itself.  I'm spoiled by South Carolina beaches that are flat and the kids can play in wet sand.  At this beach, it was a kind of short steep hill.  So you either walked in what little wet sand there was and get practically washed away or played in dry sand.  It wasn't that fun.  



Jonathan kept bringing buckets of water to wet the sand. 















So the next day we were over the beach and went to the indoor pool at the hotel instead which was great because I didn't have to apply sunblock to everyone. ;)  That afternoon we went for a little walk down the main drag, too, and got Dairy Queen ice cream.  




It was really warm in there and the camera kept fogging up. 








The trip back was thankfully much quicker and even more so because we went to Six Flags for the day.  Rylee said she liked Six Flags better than the beach. : )

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my goodness- Baylor has grown up so much! Love the new top picture on the blog - she looks SO much like you in that picture! I've never been to Dewey Beach (though heard of it), and thanks to your review, I will make sure to never go (lol). We usually go to Rehoboth Beach, just north of Dewey (beach + boardwalk + funland/rides for the kids) or Cape Henlopen. I briefly went to Bethany Beach once and thought that one was really nice, especially with the shops there. If you guys ever go back to Rehoboth, Grotto's Pizza & gelato, Boardwalk fries (with salt and vinegar) and Dolle's carmel popcorn are great! That one is super crowded though with the shops, so we don't usually go there for swimming/playing, but more the boardwalk experience & go walk in the waves for a bit while carrying our shoes.

Isn't that bay bridge crazy?? Rob HATES driving over that thing when we go see my grandparents!! I think his first time over it was during construction and rain, so it was 10 times freakier than it already is, lol :)

Love the selfies you took with Jonathan and Baylor! :) So sweet! And ya'll are still so cute together (you and J). Really enjoyed reading the post! :)

Beth said...

PS Sussex County Delaware is kind of a huge part of my life (between visiting relatives there every summer since I was a tot to dedicating a lot of my adult life to researching our genealogy there and doing temple work for the people there) - and you are my first friend to ever go visit that part of my life. That is pretty dang cool :)