I have been wanting to take Rylee to the zoo since she's never been and loves seeing the animals on Baby Einstein. I figured last Tuesday would be a good day since schools were still in and it shouldn't be too crowded. We got four free tickets from my friend Melissa and my parents met us there. Holy cow...there were a bunch of buses and even more cars. It's still crazy to me how busy it was for a school day. The buses I can understand, but all the cars? Granted, it was a BEAUTIFUL day. Seriously could not ask for better weather. Not a cloud in the sky, low 70's and low to no humidity. It was awesome. We had to park far away, but that was okay since it was such a nice day. And despite how many buses and school groups, it really wasn't too bad inside. The biggest pain was trying to get pictures of Rylee on the bronze statues and having to wait "in line" for all the other kids. And then when it was our turn, having a bunch of other kids run up and break in front. Hello...the parents really need to do better at teaching their kids to wait their turn. Anyway, here's our pictures...
First up were the elephants. Of course Rylee was more excited about the squirrels.
"Eyes"
Family picture...you can't see him, but Corben is there.
FINALLY got to see the baby giraffe Kiko!
Rylee really wanted to play on that playground in the background, but there were too many kids.
There was a big orangutan (I think that's what the were) right by the glass that was grossing out all the kids...kept regurgitating his food and eating it. Rylee was way more interested in the orangutan in the background playing with a blanket.
My favorite things to see at the zoo are the giraffes and the howler monkeys. The whole time we were there I hadn't heard the howler monkeys, but I knew when we found them that my dad would get them going. He did not disappoint! I just love it! : )
She was also VERY excited about the ducks.
So that was the zoo. Here are few more miscellaneous pictures, although I'm not going to post too much since I'll be doing Corben's one month update on Friday and Rylee's 19 month update next week.
Mother's day...my first craft made "by Rylee."
The best I could do...at church right before going home. You can't really tell, but we're all color coordinated.
Corben is a little...shall we say needier than Rylee. The other day I was going to leave him with Jonathan while Rylee and I went walking with my mom. After seeing my wrap work magic for Corben the evening before, Jonathan decided it would be beneficial to him, too. (These pictures were pretty tricky to get since he definitely did not want anyone to know that he actually wore it. lol ; )
Coming for the kill...literally seconds before I ran out the door so he couldn't take the camera.
Teaser of Corben...he's such a cutie. This was this evening right after his bath. I just love how fluffy his hair is when it's clean!
3 comments:
Cute!! THanks for satisfying my craving for Corben pics ;) Loved that one of you guys all coordinated for church--it is such a great picture of life for you at this stage of the game, and just a great one to look back on over the years :) Love that little hand card from Rylee for Mother's Day. When Rob asked me what I wanted, I told him something handmade from him and Em, and to check out my pinterest Mother's Day board for ideas. He ended up making me meals all day and pampering me, which worked too :), but I am totally showing him this as an example for next year :)
LOVE those pictures of Rylee at the zoo. I have a friend who just did a zoo post about her 17 month old at the zoo, and the kiddo didn't pay attention to any of the animals. Rylee's looks of excitement are just priceless! Really makes me want to make a family trip to the one out here now :)
Thanks for the updates! And you are looking great by the way!!
Awww, I love fluffy after bath hair!!!!
That is funny about the monkeys, Brooks tries and TRIES to get them going when we're in FRONT of the cage, but they are always going when we're somewhere else in the zoo. I love your dads smile when they're howling.
I don't know why but there are ALWAYS a ton of buses when we go there too. (is the Yeti considered a bus?) It's like I go DURING THE DAY on purpose so avoid crowds. But you're right, it's not always that bad once you're in there. Glad you had fun!
Fun! That's funny that your dad got the howler monkeys going. :) Y'all are so cute!
Post a Comment