Saturday, October 26, 2013

Corben at 6 months

Half a year old already??  Crazy! I just looked at Rylee's 6 month post to compare.  What a difference.  I won't have his measurements until his 6 month well child visit on Nov 1st, but I'm sure it will be big, big, and big.  Corben has been crawling and sitting up on his own for a couple weeks now.  He is a pro and often follows Rylee around like a little puppy.  Sometimes she thinks it's funny and sometimes not so much.

**Update:  Stats**
Weight:  19 lbs 4.5 oz (79%)
Height:  28 inches (93%)
Head:  17.58 inches (80%)

He is a horrible napper.  Nothing like Rylee was.  He usually naps in his carseat if we're out and about.  If we are at home then Jonathan is a PRO at getting him asleep sitting with him in the recliner.  He'll usually stay asleep when Jonathan puts him in his crib, but rarely does he fall asleep IN his crib.  And if he sleeps more than 45 minutes at a time I'm in heaven.  It doesn't happen often. 

Thankfully (knock on wood), when we put him to bed at night he goes down without any problems.  He doesn't sleep as well as he used to at night.  I put him to bed usually around 8 or 8:30 and he'll sleep 4-6 hours and then wake up again in 4-5 hours.  And then again after 4-5 hours.  Lately, I'm still awake for the first feeding around 12:30.  So I really only have to actually wake up for one feeding around 4 or 5.  I guess I shouldn't complain. Just spoiled by Rylee.  I have not given up hope that Corben will catch on.  

He is SO smiley and laughs all the time.  We just love him to pieces! 

Getting dressed after his bath in preparation for his photo shoot.

So I think I mentioned that my camera died a couple months ago and I've been using Jonathan's camera.  It has this red eye flash thing going on which means it flashes several times and it's nearly impossible for me to get a smiling picture.  I drives me crazy.  




Love this face..."huh?"


Notice his 6-12 month socks already falling off?  Oh, and that's a 18 month onsie he has one.  Yikes!

Doesn't he just look confused in all these pictures?? 











Rylee was on the side lines just dying to get in the pictures, too.
 





lol...the best I could get. 

Behind the scenes...








After the pictures I took a bunch of candid videos.  Here are just a few...











Corben had a bunch of light weight 3-6 months sleepers that were perfect for summer.  However, he only has one blanket sleeper and the nights have all the sudden gotten really cold, so I bought a couple blanket sleepers at Walmart today.  They are Gerber and Gerber sizes small, so I went with the 12 month as opposed to the 6 month (9 months wasn't an option).  Good thing!  They don't look a bit too big.  Hope they last all winter. 

Oh, and I figured out how to change the flash to regular instead of red eye.   






 Trying to pull up whether he can or not.  He actually does occasionally make it up to his feet. 



Some pictures from this past month (oldest to most recent):
  







He had pulled himself up like this a few times, but I finally pulled my cell phone out really quick to get a picture of it...

And for this first time ever he pulled himself on up to his feet.  He has done it many, many times since then.

When Jonathan is working I put Corben in the carseat or high chair while I bathe Rylee and put him outside the bathroom door so he can watch us.  After I put Rylee to bed one night I came out and he was asleep.  So I reclined the chair and let him sleep a little bit.

And when I took the tray off to take him to bed he put his arm up like this and just made me chuckle. : )


Haha...Rylee sometimes requests to hold Corben when she's in the high chair.  Makes me laugh since he's so much bigger now than he used to be.

(Just to compare...Corben a couple weeks old)

  




2 comments:

Melissa S. said...

The "huh" face.........cutest thing ever!!!!! I'm in love with his skeleton pjs too!

Beth said...

Oh man, those last two pictures of Rylee holding him in the high chair were just too funny! What a big boy--I was shocked at the sizes he's wearing! Emmie has JUST started to fit 18 month clothes. Too funny :) I LOVED that video of him sitting up in his black pajamas (cute by the way) and charming the camera--SO CUTE :) He has such an adorable smile! I still think it's funny that when he was born, he looked just like Jonathan to me, and now all I see is your dad! Lots of Leckie shining through :)