Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rylee at 23 Months

Rylee talks all.the.time.  If only we could understand what she is saying. ; )  We actually do understand a bunch of it now.  It blows me away how many words she knows.  And I can tell by how much she repeats us that she is soaking it all in and learning more and more every day.

Favorite word lately is "no."  However, she doesn't yell it (yet...thank goodness).  Instead she says it very sweetly.  Just a nice little "no."  Annoying, but cute enough to be forgivable.

Loves baths and always takes her giraffe with her for the bath.  She may not play with a bit in the tub, but when it's bath time she runs and gets it.

Really loves her naps lately.  I mean, she's always been a good napper, but lately she basically asks for a nap.  Not long after lunch time I'll ask if she's ready to go take a nap and she'll say, "bed" while nodding her head and then "night night" as she walks down the hall to her room and tries to climb in her crib.  Sometimes, though, she'll see me put Corben in his crib and she'll head off to her room without me saying anything.  I'm really loving this phase and hate that it will probably end soon.  Sometimes we'll be playing and I'll just jokingly ask if she wants a nap, but she doesn't get that it's a joke and off she goes.  So she gets a nap.

Has learned the art if-I-do-this-then-I-get-that.  Specifically at meal times.  ie if she eats a bite of the main dish then she gets a piece of cantaloupe.

Still loves to go on our walks with my mom.  Today our walk ended and she did not want to get out of that stroller to get back in the car.  Just sat there hugging the side while very sweetly saying, "no."

Doesn't smile for pictures anymore and hardly looks at the camera.  Corben is a much better picture-taker these days.

Still LOVES Corben.  Now she calls him "Popo."  How she want from "Padpole" to "Popo" over night is beyond me.  She smiles at him and Corben just grins right back.  She often tries to pick him up and also often leans her head on his tummy or tries to sit on him.  Sometimes he doesn't seem to mind, but sometimes I don't think he can breath. lol

Has started singing a lot.  We don't usually know what she's singing, although occasionally we can figure it out by the motions she is doing with it.

She does a really good job of folding her arms during blessings.  When we have family prayer she starts out folding her arms, but it doesn't last the whole prayer.  Often during a blessing she'll start mumbling and I think she is praying, too.  At the end of prayers she often says a very exuberant "Amen!"  For some reason the most exuberant Amens are after the sacrament prayers.  Of course.

She loves to read/look at books.  Her two favorites right now seem to be the Halloween counting book and the Night Before Christmas book.  Quite the contrast.  She does a very cute witch laugh, a cute ghost sound and a cute ho, ho, ho.

She likes to shaker her cup of milk because she sees me shake Corben's bottle.  She shakes it and goes, "shake, shake, shake!"

She has very keen hearing.  Out of no where she'll start barking and then we'll notice in the distance a dog barking.  Or she'll start doing an airplane sound and "flying" her hand and I'll realize I can hear an airplane.  Or she'll randomly say "beep" and I'll realize that I did just hear a car horn.

Grandpa is still her favorite person.  We hear "Pampa" all the time.  She recognizes our street and if we drive past my parent's house she starts to whine/cry if we don't stop.

She went through a phrase where she was scared of slides, so I got a cheap one for $8 at a consignment sale and she loves it.  And it helped her over come her fear.  We took her to a park and she went down the biggest one without even thinking twice about it.

Some pictures and videos from this month (starting at the beginning of Sept and going in chronological order)



So she doesn't often "perform" for the camera, but we caught her on a rare day, so here's a bunch of videos of her 'singing'...or at least going through the motions.








So my dad did some renovations on their back porch and made this little cubby hole.  It is technically storage, but with Rylee in mind. ; )


Found her in Corben's room reading.  Ignore the closet. lol  It's actually very organized.  I just need more shelves so it's not all stacked on top of each other. 

Rare occurrence of Rylee falling asleep in her car seat. 

New hair do


Another day in the cubby hole.

Sliding at the park...her dolls or toys often go first. 







Walking in my shoes Sunday morning. 
(Beth...see these shoes....they are the same ones I'm wearing in those pictures we took at the Mesa Temple...I keep glueing them back together because I like them so much. lol)




On Sunday evening she came down with a little fever and they laid like this on the deck for a little while.

Trying to get her to smile for a 23 month picture...I took a lot.  These were the best of many that I took. 








2 comments:

Beth said...

She is really growing up! I love how many signs she knows with all the songs--Emmie loved watching the videos :) She insisted we watch each one, and then got upset that some of the pictures didn't play as videos as well ;)

Emily said...

Very cute! Love the cubby hole at mom & dad's place. Glad she gets to be spoiled :)