The actual ward campout was on Friday night, but my parents went up for Thursday night as well, so I invited Rylee, Corben, and I to camp with them. ; )
Grandpa's little shadow.
I remembered to bring my actual pack in play mosquito net this time. I got it at a consignment sale for $1 before I had Rylee, I think. Either that or when she was a baby.
Usually the ward campout has been at Camp Crescent on Lake Hartwell which is pretty and scenic. Pleasant Ridge is quite the disappointment compared to Camp Crescent, but since my parents were there early they picked the best site in the campground. Only problem was that you could hear and even see the cars zooming by on the highway on the other side of the trees.
Grandpa spent A LOT of time pulling her around in the jeep, but it's his own fault for bringing it. lol
Eating sugar berries they found on one of their walks.
I love her little smile at the beginning of this one.
Grandpa is so funny!
Of course Grandpa put up a swing for Rylee.
Pleasant Ridge lacks a lovely lake, but has a creek the kids enjoyed.
And a field. I worry that these two things will influence them to have future ward campouts here, too, instead of at the lake.
So Rylee slept horribly the first night and we were basically up at 4:00am. As a result, on the way back to the camper after the ward dinner Friday night she fell asleep in the stroller. Like REALLY asleep.
About to give her a bath.
Rylee pulling her own weight...or at least Grandpa. ; )
3 comments:
Fun! Looks like you guys had a good time and the kids especially loved the extra time with Grandpa :)
Absolutely adorable pictures/videos... way to document.
Fun! I want to go camping with y'all again. :) I love the Carolina attire! Oh yeah, and I want your dad as my grandpa. :)
Post a Comment