We have a 9 month old! Crazy!
*Updated Stats from his well child visit on 1/28/14*
Weight: 22 lbs 1 oz (85%)
Length: 29 in (75%)
Head: 18 in (70%)
For kicks and giggles...here are Rylee's 9 month stats to compare:
Weight: 22 lbs 1 oz (85%)
Length: 29 in (75%)
Head: 18 in (70%)
For kicks and giggles...here are Rylee's 9 month stats to compare:
Weight: 18 lbs 13 oz. (62%)
Height: 29.2 inches (95%)
Head: 46 cm (95%)
~Stands on his own all the time and pushes stuff around while he's walking, but just can't seem to move those feet when he's standing on his own. I'm expecting he'll figure it out really soon, though.
~Still climbs all the time up on the fireplace and has even figured out how to climb down on his own.
~STILL has not cut any teeth. We can see the bottom two through his gums, but they prefer to just torture him instead. Poor little guy. We got him a teething necklace and I think it has been helping some.
~Loves his pureed food, but he just has a hard time with actual solids. He will eat a puff, but only in tiny pieces. He has only eaten a whole one once successfully. This past Sunday my mom gave him a TINY piece of bread (more like a big crumb) and he seemed to do okay so she gave him another one and he gagged and threw up. It's very ridiculous.
~Still has never slept through the night. We put them to bed fairly consistently around 7:15 or 7:30. Some nights he makes it until 1:00 before he wakes up and I'll feed him a bottle and he'll sleep until 5 or 6 and I'll give him another bottle so we can sleep a couple more hours. Lately, though, he's waking up as early as 10:00 just to be rocked I guess. He used to wake up in obvious pain from his teeth bothering him, but I've noticed a difference since he's started wearing the teething necklace (wrapped twice around his ankle at night). He still wakes up, but doesn't seem to be in actual pain. Two nights ago he woke up once at 10:45 and I rocked him a little bit and he didn't wake up again until 6:30! He went 11 hours without a bottle and I hoped we were on a new trend. But then he woke up 4 times last night so I guess not.
~He growls a lot, but his growl is bigger than his bite...in fact he's kind of a sissy. Rylee does this high pitched yell thing and he just crumbles and starts crying. Which is the only reason she does it...because she likes to make him cry. On one hand, it really is mean of her. On the other hand...I kind of understand since I get a kick out turning on the dust buster and making her cry. Which is also mean as it turns out. So...like mother like daughter?
~Has learned to clap this month and it's really cute!
~Still getting 3 bottles and 3 meals a day. Usually 2 bottles at night (although just one if I'm lucky)
~Two naps a day in his crib.
~Drinks really well from a sippy cup. He's actually been able to do this for a couple months, but I've just forgotten to put it on here. He and Rylee share sippy cups with water in them all the time.
~Still getting 3 bottles and 3 meals a day. Usually 2 bottles at night (although just one if I'm lucky)
~Two naps a day in his crib.
~Drinks really well from a sippy cup. He's actually been able to do this for a couple months, but I've just forgotten to put it on here. He and Rylee share sippy cups with water in them all the time.
~He thinks it is SO funny when you smile at him and say in in a high voice, "Da da da da da da"
~LOVES the ceiling fan. If you are standing near one while holding him, he will literally try to climb up you to get to it. And the only people around regularly who are tall enough to get him to the strings are Daddy, Grandpa, and Uncle Nate. The rest of us are too short and he climbs us to no avail.
~His favorite thing to chew on is the sippy cup. He actually can hold and drink from the sippy cup (although it's messy....just like when he drinks from a bottle. Rylee was never like this and I keep thinking he'll grow out of it, but so far he hasn't), but he LOVES to chew/teeth on it. If he's cranky, a sippy cup will usually calm him down.
~Got his second hair cut this month. It was an accidental buzz, but is thankfully growing back in.
~After months of trying, his legs have finally limbered up enough for him to suck on his toes.
~He loves Bouncing Babies at the library and doesn't have a shy bone in his body. I think he went and climbed on at least two other moms' laps this past Wednesday. He just makes himself at home. They also have this puppet there that goes around to all the kids during a couple of the songs. Oh.my.goodness. He literally follows the librarian around, pulling up on her leg, trying to get to that puppet. He LOVES it! It looks exactly like this:
Poor Corben had to have his photo shoot in the cold 63* living room because the low last night was 9* and our heater just doesn't keep up. He didn't seem to mind too much though...still his usual wiggly self.
*Okay, so we did the photo shoot first thing and I didn't realize until I had put him on the floor already for pictures that the battery in the camera was dead. So I had to use the ipad. You may or may not know that taking pictures one handed with an ipad while trying to make a baby laugh with a stuffed animal in the other hand is not an easy thing to do. Plus there wasn't a flash so you get ipad shadow on the blanket. Oh, well.*
Look.at.those.thighs. Wow. Trunks I tell ya.
So I tried to get several pictures of him standing, but he kept trying to grab the ipad, so I just had a bunch of pictures of him plopping down...blurry. Later after Jonathan got home we got these pictrues,,
And how he usually gets down...
Just playing
Playing at the kitchen. You can see at one point when he's standing on his own.
A few videos from this evening...
(He can stand longer than this, but he had places to go!)
Some pictures from this month...
This was way back on New Years Day before he got his hair cut.
I realize I already posted this picture in the bubble bath post, but figured I'd document the haircut here, too.

.jpg)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, he is SO cute! And such a handsome little guy! I think he looks so much like you too! The haircut actually looks good on him! I think my favorite pictures were of him sleeping in the crib, cracked me up :) What is it with pictures of boys sleeping that makes us laugh so much? ;) That's so crazy that we tried to have babies at the same time again and this little guy is going to be a full year older than our little guy! I love all the updates you put of him. And you'll have to show me what teething necklace you got him and the wrap around the ankle thing, I'm very curious about that.
Did you try the oils at night? Did they work? I'm thinking about trying something with Emmie because she's having a hard time settling down at night. Let me know!
Post a Comment