~Potty trained! I feel like at this point I won't be jinxing myself by officially proclaiming this (knock on wood just in case ; ) At least during the day. She still wears at diaper at night because she has NEVER once in her entire life woken up in the morning with a dry diaper. She usually stays dry during naps, but I stick her in a diaper then, too, just in case. She loves to wear her pretty panties.
~No longer says "huh?" all the time. She does say auhum all the time (as in yes), but the a at the beginning is like A in apple followed by hmm. It's really cute.
~LOVES Frozen, especially Let It Go and the Olaf song and Do You Want to Build a Snowman.
~Also loves Wonder Pets. She watches 7 or 9 different episodes on YouTube over and over. Someday we might get Amazon Primes so she can expand her viewing.
~Loves The Letter Factory. She got this for Christmas from the Miltons. She calls it "E,F,H,G" and requests to watch it pretty much every day. I try to get her to interact with it, but she just watches, so I've felt like it hasn't been doing her very much good. BUT, last night we were eating supper and I started to sing, "The A says, "____" and let her fill it in and she did! I was shocked. And even more shocked when we went through the entire alphabet and there was only 3 or 4 letters that she didn't know. So I guess she's been taking it in afterall. lol
~Likes to sing at church in sacrament meeting and "lead" the music like Grandma does.
~Loves to ride on Jonathan's head/shoulders
~Still a great sleeper, although I'm noticing a pattern. Some days she gets an afternoon nap and some days she doesn't. I'm really torn about this because if she doesn't get a nap then she is a pill by evening. BUT, if she does get a nap then when I do put her to bed she lays there awake forever. And more often than not lately, she'll end up asleep on the floor by the door. Not trying to get out (we have a lock on the handle so she can't roam at night in case she does wake up), but just going to sleep there. She'll take all her blankets and everything and just go to sleep there. Every now and then she'll request to sleep in her crib and I let her because it's really not a big deal to me. So anyway it's tempting to let her skip her nap so that at bedtime she goes right to sleep in her bed rather than laying there awake forever and eventually going to sleep on the floor.
~Doesn't sit in her "boost" seat at the table because we started eating at the bar again and she just sits on a barstool, too.
~Has a big heart and will often comfort toys or people who she thinks might be sad.
~If Corben is really happy she will announce, "Popo happy!"
~I sometimes find her reading to Corben or playing really nice with him and it just does my heart good.
~Loves to sit "in a tent" with Jonathan (usually watching Wonder Pets). I "let" this be their thing because I get too hot. And I can't stand all the static hair in my face. lol
~Went through a faze where she LOVED to peal and eat oranges. She still enjoys pealing them, but frankly they aren't as good right now, so I think that may have something to do with why she peals them and lets someone else eat them.
~Still LOVES to swing at Grandma and Grandpa's house...it's indoors right now since it's winter.
~Still loves "Bear."
~Grandpa is still her favorite, but Kate is a VERY close second!
~She loves babies, especially Sara's baby Caroline and loves when we facetime with Sara and Caroline.
These start back in December and are chronological to now.
With Baby Caroline at Christmas
Hanging out with Grandpa on the back porch in the warm sun.
A rare picture of her sleeping in her bed (that's not on the monitor)
We went through a short time when my old video monitor was broken and we hadn't gotten a new one, yet. Rylee was having a hard time staying in her bed for a nap, so I put her in the crib. I had no idea until I went to get her up that she had taken all her clothes off. We got a new video monitor very soon after this incident. She wasn't very happy when she woke up because she was cold. Go figure.
The first time I found her sleeping by the door.
One day she got in the tent all by herself to watch Wonder Pets.
And another time
Watching Animal Bloopers with Bear
This was actually during nap time.
Yesterday....Rylee's first time getting Yogurt Mountain. Despite the look on her face, she really loved it!
Also yesterday...Jonathan caught the tail end of the alphabet.
.jpg)

.jpg)


.jpg)


.jpg)
3 comments:
What a fun read,and fun updates! That's funny about sleeping by the door. Maybe just some "quiet time" where she can read books or do some Rylee-only activities for a bit, so at least you still get a little break and she gets some downtown. It makes me dread Emmie not taking naps anymore though, just because that's such a nice part of the day. And where I get my nap in right now, haha.
I'm completely on board with you that the oranges aren't very good right now--what's up with that? Emmie LOVED those Halo oranges around Christmas and was eating like 3-4 a day, and now they are SUPER orange and...tart? I don't know, I can't stand to eat them either. What's up with that?
I LOVE that picture of Rylee watching TV with her bear and laying her head on him----awwwwww! Melted my heart, what a sweet heart!
Oh--and Emmie is obsessed with getting under the "tent" too these days. I'm too hot for it within about 10 seconds and done with the activity, but Rob has the endurance for it too, too funny ;)
Oh--more comments! Isn't it crazy how quickly they pick up the songs and alphabet from the programs on TV?? Emmie surprised me one day by just singing the alphabet song from Super Y, I hadn't even wawtched that show very closely yet.
And she loves all the Wonder Pets shows off of youtube as well :) Bats, Bo Peep, Donkey, lobster...haha. And most are the British versions, ha. We ordered like 2 of the DVD's off of Amazon, and found one at a Kid to Kid store. I don't put those on often though because she will want to watch ALL 6 shows they put on there. But we bought a few off of itunes (they are like $1.99 for 2 shows) and she has her favorites on there--the Nutcracker, the sheep in Germany, and a few others. I think the Itsy Bitsy Spider is cute. Oh and the Rat Pack is my favorite--Frank sinatra and Dean Martin singing wonder pets songs :)
Anyway, I'm convinced Emmie would adore Rylee if they got to see each other more, and would be in 7th heaven watching those shows with her :)
Great update! I'm so glad that she likes Letter Factory and that she knows her letter sounds. Smart girl! :) She's a cutie!
Post a Comment