Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Corben at 14 Months

Oh my stars.  Corben keeps us on our toes!  He climbs so much more than Rylee ever did.  And he knows he's not supposed to do a million things, but every time he does it he has the happiest look on his face and his tongue is sticking out.  It's exasperating.  Sometimes from the corner of my eye I'll see him standing next to something about to do what he knows he's not supposed to do, but waiting for me to look at him and then laughs and does it fast.  Little stinker.  I often try to redirect him if he's doing something he's not supposed to do. I'll carry him to another room or area and try to show him something else, but as soon as I put him down he immediately runs back to what he was doing laughing all the way.

My dad calls him Mayhem Junior (my dad is of course Mayhem Senior)

He is eating like a champ now.  Most nights I feed him whatever we're having and he's been doing great.  He loves to be outside, loves the goats, loves Grandma and Grandpa. 

Still sleeping pretty good.  He'll go 2 or 3 nights in a row sleeping through the night and then 2 or 3 nights waking up once about 5:00 or 5:30.  

Loves Bouncing Babies at the library and loves dancing in general.

Has 8 teeth

Picture from this month






He likes to get these pink ears out of the toy box and bring them to us so we can put them on his head.  He usually takes them right off, but kept them on a while this particular day.







Loves to look at books and especially loves the pop up books.  I love when he brings me a book and wants to sit on my lap to look at it.   

Tongue

This was this morning.  A few days ago we turned the chairs over so he couldn't climb on the table.  One of our chairs still looks climbable to him.



That tongue.


This evening before supper.  He really wanted that food!  He actually did this last night, too, but the oven was on and I had to keep him off it instead of grabbing the camera.  He actually got some traction with his feet last night and got them half way up the glass.  Guess his feet were too sweaty to make that much progress tonight.


Maybe I should just chop that tongue off.  ; )

This last video isn't necessarily of Corben, but he is in it.  We went to see the goats tonight and watch Nate milk the mama which was pretty cool. Love to watch Ruby play, though!

1 comment:

Melissa S. said...

Oh Corben........that kid is the best! He's everything you want in a boy!!!! (oh and I love your family picture up at the top)