Sunday, October 9, 2016

Baylor is 1!

I am just LOVING this age!  Baylor gives the cutest little smiles and I'm in love with her. : )

~Cut another tooth on top for a total of 5 so far.

~Sleeping is still way less than ideal.  It has improved in some ways from last month, but the bottom line is that she RARELY stays asleep all night.  I have at least stopped having to lay down with her.  She's doing better about going to sleep right when I put her to bed and staying asleep until at least 2 or 3.  Some nights I bring her in the bed with us at that point and some nights I let her cry.  Both scenarios stress me out.

~Naps are doing better most days; not all.  She gets 2 naps, but whether that is 30 minutes or 2 hours varies by the day.

~Have switched her to whole milk and she seems to love it. She still gets 3 bottles a day (before naps and bedtime).

~Mostly eats baby food, puffs, melts, & rusks still, but I often give her food off my plate, too, and she usually does fairly well.  

~Still not walking, but she is letting go a lot and taking random steps here and there. 

~Finally started clapping

~Has been waving a lot more.  In fact, on Sunday a lady in front of us raised her hand to make a comment and Baylor waved at her. 

~Still not saying anything more than Mom and Dad and A LOT of cute gibberish, but Jonathan thinks she said Yumm the other day.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit since every time we feed her the first few bites are followed with an "mmm"

~Corben has turned a corner and now mostly loves Baylor.  I love seeing all three of them play together even if it often ends up with them begging me to take her away because she's messing up what they're doing. ;)  But they all get to chasing each other and giggling and I love it.

~I know I've called Baylor "Cutie Pie,"  but Rylee and Corben call her that all.the.time.  Like as if that's her name.  "Cutie Pie's awake"  "Mom! The Cutie Pie is going to mess up my tower!"  "Is Cutie Pie coming?"  It's funny and cute and makes me chuckle.  

~I don't want to jinx myself, but she does way better at church than Rylee and Corben ever did.  I was reading Corben's blogs and it said, "Sacrament meeting is a nightmare.  I'll leave it at that."  That is not the case with Baylor (although ironically it still is a little bit with Corben. lol).  For the most part she is happy to sit on our laps.  Especially in Relief Society.  I always had to have a little 'pen' made out of chairs for the other two, but so far Baylor just sits on my lap the whole time.  This might change once she really gets to walking around, but for now I'm enjoying it.  I have a theory that part of what helps her be so good in RS is the Kid Friendly Sunday School.  It is awesome.  It's for people with kids/babies who are not nursery age.  The chairs are set up around the room like a horseshoe and the kids play in the middle.  As the teacher once explained to a visitor one week, "you are not obliged to take your crying baby out." So I think it helps that she gets to get her wiggles out in there before we go to RS. 

~Photo Shoot was short and sweet...









She was really chill in the chair pictures...


...until Rylee & Corben joined her. 




Rylee's face...it really shows how much she loves Baylor

I wish this one weren't blurry...why can't Corben just keep still?? lol

And for the first time ever, right after her photo shoot she used the squattoman to bebop her way up onto the couch. 



"Mom...enough with the pictures!" 

Giving 'kisses'

Typical bedtime routine. 

A favorite place



FaceTiming with Daddy who was away on a work trip

 


She LOVES the swings at the park! 



So proud of herself for making it into the windowsill.  

Future pole dancer? 

Y'all.  Neither of them needed a new dress, but seriously?  How could I resist?? Plus Grandma was here an we each bought one. ;) 

Handiest walker toy ever!!




And her 1st Birthday Party!  I thought I at least took some pictures, but apparently I only took videos.


We love having this Cutie Pie in our family!!!








No comments: