Months ago we decided to have my church/family shower on Nov. 5th. After I went into labor, though, my mom decided to bump the shower to the 19th. I was worried about bumping it that far back because I thought she'd come a lot earlier and then I wouldn't know what to buy because I hadn't had the shower, yet. Since I went to church the week before, my mom asked if I thought the doctors might let me go home for a little while for the baby shower if we moved it back to the 5th. I thought so, so the Sunday I was at church, they handed out the invitations for the shower the following week. All day long my mom kept saying that I better not have my baby before the shower. I told her that it would actually work out really well if I had her on Monday or Tuesday because then I'd be home by the shower anyway. Glad things worked out so perfectly! And really glad we went ahead and had the shower on the 5th rather than the 19th! Mom & Geri planned it and my aunt Linda made the yummy coconut cake. We played some fun games and I just had a great time. : ) Thanks everyone!!
Yummy refreshments. Love chicken salad croissants!
Really tasty punch!
Some of the guests...this was before everyone had arrived, so some people are missing from the pictures. They're all working on the baby shower word scramble.
The babies at the shower... Stillman Jones
Logan Porter
Ridgley Powell
6 comments:
Wow, you really made out good! :) what a fun shower! Looks like a lot of people came and had a really nice time. The chicken sandwiches look really good. And I love the wrap! Where did your friend learn to make it? I'd be really interested in making one myself. You look really cute in your pink shirt :) I loved seeing the pictures of your stuff and some of te stuff we have the same--a little punk rattle and some bows :) glad you posted, fun read! :)
She is so cute! And so are you! :) I'm glad your shower went well. It looks like you got a lot of great stuff. I can't wait to see you guys soon!
I'm glad you're getting some use out of the wrap!
Beth, to answer your question about the wrap I bought 5 yards of stretchy knit fabric, cut it in half length-wise and that makes two wraps. No sewing required because knit fabric doesn't unravel. Soooo easy!
Wow - what a great shower! I wish I could have been there. You both look great!!
Quite the haul!! Love the wrap!
Wowsers. Lots of good stuff! That was mean of you to post the eating picture of Kristie, even though she still looks good! It was nice to see everyone again. I miss Greenville sometimes.
Post a Comment