Sunday, October 21, 2012

Lake Greenwood State Park

I'm the Stake YW Secretary and yesterday there was a multi-stake activity at Lake Greenwood State Park. About a month ago, I mentioned to my parents that it would be a good time of year to go camping.  They were going to watch Rylee while I went to the activity anyway (which is about a 1 1/2 hour drive away), so I thought if we camped Friday night then they could just watch Rylee down there.  My dad was super excited because he used to go to Lake Greenwood all the time.  In fact, they decided it was such a good idea that they were going to camp Thursday AND Friday night.  Rylee and I still just joined them on Friday.  The weather really was perfect for camping.  And the campground was very nice and right on the lake (that wasn't super low like Lake Hartwell).  Not to mention the fall leaves.  Very nice.  

When we arrived Grandpa of course already had a swing set up for Rylee.  She's so spoiled. 



This was actually the sunrise the next morning.  It wasn't that early; sun just comes up late these days. 



Dad's Huckleberry Fin raft.  I hear he soaked up some rays on it before we got there (my mom has a picture and sent it to all my sisters BUT not me).  And he also tried to catch some fish unsuccessfully.

The lighting is bad, but Dad wanted me to take a picture.  The sites were almost completely paved which was nice for people with campers, but kind of unfriendly for tents.  They had another loop that had better sites for tents, although there were a few tents on our loop.  

Fun time and a great turn out at the youth activity. : )

No comments: