I've always been sad when birthdays aren't actually celebrated on the birthday, but I'm probably going to have to get over that with Rylee having a Halloween birthday. We are celebrating her birthday on Friday, so I'll do another birthday post then. Today we did her 12 month photo shoot. Jonathan snuck the 12 month sign so that she wouldn't be distracted by it.
It worked long enough, but it wasn't long until she realized it was there.
The chair was hopeless. She was cute, but that sign just calls to her.
Rahhrrrrr!! I'll get that sign!
Yay!!!
WHAT is this sitting next to me??
What Rylee is up to this month (in addition to previous months):
~Can do Pat A Cake. Well, she claps, rolls her hands, and then claps more enthusiastically when you're done saying the words. She doesn't quite have the "throw 'em in the pan!" part down.
~Blows kisses
~Says "juice" and "nigh nigh" (sometimes)
~Drinking half-formula and half-whole milk in her bottles
~Has tried many many things and likes a lot of them...her favorite is probably the hot chocolate and chocolate milk that Jonathan gave her.
~Still LOVES bananas and often has one for breakfast.
~LOVES the book Hand Hand Fingers Thumb. She hardly sits still for more than a page or two for any other book, but as soon as I start reading Hand Hand Fingers Thumb she looks up at me and grins and sits still for the whole thing.
**Update from Nov 1**
Had her 12 Month well child doctors appointment. She got 4 shots (that she did NOT like). Here are her stats:
Weight: 20 lbs 12.5 oz. (66%)
Height: 31 1/8" (97%)
Head: 18 1/2" (94%)
We've got a tall one!
After the photo shoot we decided that even though we are celebrating her birthday on Friday we'd go ahead and give her one gift today. She has a little coat which is fine for going somewhere where we'll be inside, but since we walk with my mom she needed something to keep her warm in the stroller.
She likes it! It's kind of big because we got 2T. But it should still be good next year, too.
A few pictures outside in the leaves on the driveway. I've been waiting for the wind to die down before blowing them off the driveway.
My mom said that she had a few presents for Rylee today (and a few more for her birthday party on Friday). Grandma is such a sucker for buying things for Rylee.
A little giraffe. We have named him Kiko. It's the natural thing to do since the baby giraffe Kiko was just born at the zoo here.
Books that are safe to suck on! Sweet!
Pajamas!!! She needs new pajamas SO bad. We've been cramming her into 9 month onsies still. She's getting about 4 blanket sleepers for her birthday. It's what I've been most excited about.
Rylee is a fan of the tag. Of course.
And a pack of three long sleeve onsies. Very cute!
THANKS Grandma! : )
2 comments:
how fun..... so hard to believe she is already a year old!!!!!! See ya friday!!!!
Such cute gifts! love your mom's sweater too :) Is Rylee wearing ghost pants? Looks like she had a fun pre-birthday bash. I love how she has gotten so tall that we can now see the full blanket she's laying on in her monthly photoshoot :) You are so good with doing that, I think there are 4 different months I"ve skipped :) Oh well, I think the other 1000+ photos will helpfully fill in the gaps :)
Post a Comment