Last year when I was laid up in the hospital I was reading my friend Cyndi's blog and saw that they were the Flintstones when they had just one child. I decided then and there that this year we would be the Flintstones:
Jason was a pimp...obviously. Check out those shoes! : )
Melissa Smith...aka Ursula. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of her little girls who were mermaids.
Our fabulous trunk that Jonathan put together.
For weeks I've been trying to decide what to make for the dessert bake off. Around 11:00 this morning I was looking through Pinterest and found this recipe for a Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle. I actually found a different recipe for the same thing, but this one looked a little better. And it's a Paula Dean recipe, so it should be good, right? Despite it being a Paula Dean recipe there is not a bit of butter and seemed overall fairly healthy. I confess, though, that the gingerbread part didn't appeal to me and I considered using spice cake. Anyway, I was concerned because both recipes emphasized the importance of letting it sit overnight. And I didn't even start mine until about 1:00 and the Trunk or Treat was at 6:00, so letting it sit overnight was definitely not an option. Sheesh...it barely got to sit for 3 hours by the time I finished it. And actually, when I took it out of the fridge to take to church, all those little dollups had melted into the cake, so I had to put another layer of whipped topping on. Jonathan had the great idea to drizzle caramel over the top. Oh, and I didn't use the ginger snaps like the recipe suggests. I had a bite of Jonathan's when we were at the church and holy moly...it was delicious! So delicious in fact that I won first place! I really don't think there were that many votes cast, but still....Yay!
Oh, and Nate won first place in the chili cook off. Also very tasty!
5 comments:
I love the costumes!!!! PERFECT
The dessert looks very yummy!!! You need to make that for Christmas!! =)
Adorable costumes!! Congratulations on winning the dessert bake-off.
OH my goodness, Crystal! Those are awesome!! Definitely should be your profile pic for a while on facebook :) Really awesome! I wish we did something out here for a ward get together, it's just not motivating to go through all the effort to hit up a few houses. The trunk looked awesome too. Is Jonathan's hair usually that black? I was suddenly wondering if he had black hair like Rob? Congrats on the bake off win too--looks like the Leckie's made their mama's proud that day :) I'm going to have to look up the trifle recipe on pinterst--thanks! :)
So fun!! Y'all look great, the dessert looks wonderful, and of course Nate won!! Wish we could have had some :).
Congrats on your win! I love your costumes, such a fun idea. And holy moly, thanks for posting that pic of Jason so I could have a good chuckle! I miss being there!
Post a Comment