Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ward Campout 2012

Sorry I'm a little late blogging about this. The campout was at Camp Crescent on Lake Hartwell as usual and we left around 11:00 Friday morning so that Rylee would nap on the almost hour long drive there.  I knew she wouldn't get a good afternoon nap, so I at least wanted her to get a good morning nap.  We stayed in the pop up with Mom & Dad.  They had gone down the night before and stayed in a campground a few minutes away, so they were already there.   There was a pretty good turn out for both camping and the dinner that night.  And the weather was awesome.  Could have been a little cooler, but the kids (and some adults) loved playing in the lake, so it's probably a good thing it was on the warmer side.  

Some of the primary kids playing on the raft that my dad made out of plywood and intertubes. 



First thing we did when we got there was eat lunch and the next most important thing (ask Grandpa or Rylee) was to put up a swing for Rylee.  (I didn't get a picture or my dad being precarious up in the tree.  He makes me nervous). 


Rylee inspecting that the swing gets put up properly.
 
 

She approves! 


Later in the lake with Grandpa. 

Getting an impromptu bath since the lake was DIRTY. 


She may look cold, but don't be fooled...that was nice warm water. 

We left fairly early the next morning since it was sprinkling off and on and I was again hoping Rylee would sleep on the way home.  I wanted her to get her afternoon nap in her crib to make up for her bad naps while we were there.  Justin rode home with us.  Rylee was SO funny when she woke up and saw him there.  
 


3 comments:

The Old Buffington's said...

What a fun trip!!!!!!

Emily said...

My kids were watching and are so jealous of the swing! Looks like a fun trip!

Latisha said...

Funny :)