Yes, I realize I didn't do a 14 month post at all. So sue me. It wasn't like it was the holidays or anything. ; ) Anyway, I'm compiling months 14 and 15 into one. I've been trying to keep a mental track of all the new things Rylee does and actually started this list about 2 weeks ago and have just been adding to it. I hardly take any pictures or videos because my camera is a piece of junk that doesn't take pictures until the moment is passed. So I prefer to take pictures with the ipad, but as soon as that comes out Rylee is on it like white on rice. So here is a poor attempt today to get at least some documentation of her at 15 months...
~Says "Hewo" into the toy phone she got for Christmas and carries on a lovely conversation with whoever is on the other end.
~Loves to climb under stools and her high chair. She likes to take her toys and play with them under the highchair...like her own little playhouse or something.
~Likes to sit and look at books (I realize she's a little old to just be starting to really enjoy this, but until now she's mostly just eaten the books rather than actually sat and looked through them. She still eats them occasionally).
~Still sleeps 10-12 hours at night, but her naps sometimes a little iffy. I still put her down twice a day, but sometimes for at least one of those she'll just lay in her crib awake for more than an hour. It's a good thing I have the video monitor or I'd think she was taking a lovely nap.
~Definitely a Grandpa's girl. Sadly for me and Jonathan. lol When Grandpa is around we can just forget we even exist. She cries when he leaves WAY more often then when either of us leaves.
~Even though she is a Grandpa's girl, she LOVES Jonathan and when he comes home from work! And when I'm taking her down the hall, she points at all the pictures and excitedly says, "Dada!!"
~Climbs.
~Had her first ear infection...followed by her her second cold. It was a sad week!
~Is learning to pretend. As in eating. She'll pick up a bowl or a hollow toy or even her pacifier and pretend to pick something up from inside it and put it in her mouth. It's somewhat exasperating because she's so good at pretending to eat fake things, I never know of she has actually picked something up off the floor, or if she's just pretending.
~Likes to climb inside her toy box. She'll play in there for a pretty good while usually.
~Very scared of the vacuum and dust buster, but doesn't mind the blow dryer or loud noises in general.
~Knows that the picture in her room is of Jesus and points and smiles and says "Ehsus!"
~Thinks that a ball is a "ohhhh!!" (said in a I-guess-I-told-you-way)...see the video above. It started because we got her a ball and would lightly throw it at her and then go "Ohhh!!" every time. So now she thinks that is what it is.
~Loves to touch things that she knows she's not supposed to and then laugh and run away when we see her.
~When we go to my parents house (whether there is a fire going or not), she hold her hand up to the fireplace and goes, "hot hot"
~Holds her arms up to us and opens and closes her fingers when she wants us to pick her up. It is SO cute and I wish we could get it on video. *sigh* (And if she isn't facing you, she will physically grab your leg and turn you so that you are).
~Favorite word is "Go!" If we even open the hall closet where we keep our shoes, she immediately starts saying, "Go,go!" Much to her dismay, there are many other reasons for opening the closet other than to get our shoes out. Sometimes I have to reword what I'm going to say since if I say, "let's go change your diaper" she only hears the "go" part and thinks we're leaving.
~She is getting tall...her little fingers reach on the counter tops now and we have to leave everything away from the edge. And those door knobs...all she has to do if figure out to turn and we'll have to put the locks on them.
~Likes to climb in small places. Especially if she's trying to be sneaky. (This was actually not today despite the fact that she is wearing the same pajamas...our house is chilly so I often keep her in her pajamas because it's warmer and she pulls her socks off if I get her dressed).
~Loves looking at pictures and videos of herself. After I took that video this morning, I didn't get anymore pictures, but for the next 30 minutes we sat and looked at all the pictures and videos on the ipad. Jonathan did get this video of him and Rylee this evening.
I'm sure there's a lot of other things that I'm leaving out, but that will just have to do for now. She definitely has a mind of her own and exasperates us sometimes, but she's so cute we easily forget all the exasperating times. I can't believe she's already 15 months. Just 3 more months and she'll be in nursery. She's too little to go in nursery! I think she'll love having Corben around (have I mentioned we're going to name our boy Corben), but I worry a little bit for his safety. Rylee got a baby doll for Christmas and she loves to pick the baby up and love on her and pat her back and say very sweetly, "Ahhh" right before hurling her across the room. :- /
.jpg)
3 comments:
haha! I loved this post, and am laughing at her treatment of dolls :) Emmie does the same thing--love, love, pat, pat, then drag it around by its feet so that the doll gets several concussions. Loved the video and all the stats! How did our girls get so old? Oh, I leave Em in PJs all day long too, unless we're going somewhere ;)
Corben will be JUST fine.....your daughter is SO sweet with my baby already!!! Plus, that's why baby's bones/bodies are so flexible FOR THIS REASON! ;)
Very lovely update. So cute with grandpa! She'll love Corben!
Post a Comment