12 Month Stats:
Weight: 23 lbs 10.5 oz (75.25%)
Length: 32 in (98.76%)
Head: 46.5 cm (62.31 %)
The photo shoot did NOT go well this morning. Here's what we got, though. The chair went better than the floor this time which is somewhat unusual.
Weight: 23 lbs 10.5 oz (75.25%)
Length: 32 in (98.76%)
Head: 46.5 cm (62.31 %)
The photo shoot did NOT go well this morning. Here's what we got, though. The chair went better than the floor this time which is somewhat unusual.
One more try on the floor, but to no avail
Maybe standing up? Nope!
Corben's party was at 6:00. We were running a little late with supper, and at 5:30 said the blessing. Literally right after, Rylee threw up. Twice. Oh, it went everywhere. I took Rylee to the tub for a bath and Jonathan was a champ and cleaned up the bar stool and carpet. And the birthday boy waited patiently for his supper. By 6:00 she had thrown up 2 or 3 more times. By midnight I had lost track of how many times. Some were just dry heaves because nothing would stay down. So pitiful.
Right before people came, she was in the floor like this singing Happy Birthday to Corben. It was sweet, but I wasn't quick enough for the video.
Smile? Forget about it.
Yeah...the icing I was using was in a tube to write with was for sugar cookies. Oh, well. Corben didn't care.
(The night before that was a "1" on the cupcake. lol)
Kate helping Corben before leaving to try and avoid getting Rylee's bug. (Incidentally...since I'm posting this late...Kate did unfortunately get sick, but I think she got it playing with Rylee earlier in the day and not from the party)
Grandpa keeping Rylee company
I thought he would be way more aggressive than Rylee was, but turns out he's more like her than I thought sometimes.
Corben has a VERY sensitive gag reflex and if he gets too big of a bite will throw up. So his cup-cake-eating time ended with throwing up. Nothing too unusual for him.
Sleeping through the party
Corben's goods. The outfit on the far left and the two on the right were from Gma & Gpa Leckie along with the musical book. The two rompers and shorts and little teddy bear were from Daniel & Jessica Jenkins (friends who came). The wooden train and sports bag/balls were from Gma & Gpa Buffington. The other toys, book, and toothbrush were from me and Jonathan.
What Corben is up to now...
~Walking and running like crazy
~Love to dance to the DJ Shuffle on the Disney Channel...and anything with a beat. ; )
~Has 5 teeth (3 upper, 2 lower)
~Eating is exactly where it was last month. He does okay with actual solids like a tiny piece of bread, a puff, a piece of graham cracker, etc, but he cannot eat liquid/solid. Like stage 3 baby food? We've fed him 3 jars and after gagging every bite, each jar has ended in throwing up. Apple sauce and cottage cheese...same way. Arg. I'm trying to give him more 2 1/2 stage 'textured' food to see if this helps.
~Back to usually taking 2 naps a day (thank goodness), but occasionally only gets one.
~Often sleeps through the night, but occasionally wakes up for one bottle.
~I got Jonathan a balloon for his birthday and I think Corben has been saying 'balloon' lately in his own special way.
~Waves and says bye bye
~Can make a fish face
~Make noises with his tongue
~Still loves ceiling fans
~Loves most everyone, but especially Grandma and Grandpa. He is taking after Rylee and becoming a Grandpa's boy.
~Still loves to cuddle/give hugs. Rylee was never like this and I love it!
~Got his 4th hair cut...I need to just accept that he'll probably need one haircut a month for the rest of his life.
~Likes looking at books
~Loves tormenting Rylee. She'll be playing and he'll pick something up that she's playing with and take off running with it up in the air while she screams. While I don't love the screaming, it's really cute and funny. And in all fairness...she takes his toys way more than he takes hers!
~In general I can tell he is really understanding a lot more
Here are some pictures and videos from this past month:
Corben with Uncle Nate and cousin Caroline. Caroline is almost exactly 2 months younger than Corben, but about 10 months smaller. ; )
At Furman one day
Corben's fish face
Corben's tongue trick
Corben waiving and saying bye bye
Corben (and Rylee) dancing
Visit to ER for x-rays
Every wonder what a battery looks like after sitting in stomach acid for 48 hours? Slightly disturbing
I found that I mostly took videos of Corben this month. And a ton of Rylee. Oh, well...maybe I'll do better next month!
.jpg)
1 comment:
So, do the doctors seem at all concerned about Corben not being able to eat solids? I guess he'll get there eventually. What a pain to always be gagging, though!
Post a Comment