Have I mentioned she likes to lay on the squattoman?
She has started blowing bubbles. Like all the time. It's kind of cute.
The first baby item we bought was this highchair and after we bought it I had the thought that we probably should have waited until she was 6 or 7 months old. So glad we didn't now. She likes to be near us and when I'm trying to cook or play the piano or whatever, it's so nice to put her in here and she hangs out with me. She's even fallen asleep a couple times in it, but I don't have a picture of that.
More bubbles. The rest of these pictures are all from today at different times.
I see posts of other babies (Sophie and Emmie) playing with their activity centers and I admit that I get jealous. That's one thing I didn't register for and I have no idea why now. Last week my mom and I went to the Switcharoo sale (sorry, no post dedicated to my goods. At least not yet) and one thing I was specifically looking for was an activity center. They had a ton, but most were too close to what they cost in the store and if I'm going to spend that much then I just want a new one. But we're on a budget and I'm too cheap to buy one. So we have a ghetto one. lol:
We often visit my mom at some point during the day. She usually "gets" to feed Rylee and then Rylee falls asleep. Today she started on my mom's shoulder and then eventually squirmed her way down and ended up here. She kind of reminded us of a koala.
Getting the hang of the bumbo seat! The other day she sat in it for about 15 minutes. A new record. : )
Lately she has started grabbing her blanket/burp cloth/bib/shirt. I guess it's something easy for her to grab onto. It drives me crazy. She got this little rag bear thing as a gift and I pulled it out the other day. She LOVES it. It's so perfect for her. I don't think she realizes that she loves it, yet, but she does. ; ) It's so soft and I just tuck it under her arm and she plays with it for a long time. Or sleeps with it. : )


3 comments:
I love seeing these posts of different development milestones (like bubbles and blankie holding)--I feel like it gives me a sneak peak on what to look forward to with the Emsters next month :) haha, okay I LOVED your "ghetto" play gym!!! I felt like I could relate as I was really bemoaning the fact that we didn't have one either. I stapled a bunch of things dangling from her bassinet to try and make up for it, but that wasn't really working. I like how you did yours! I loved the little video and that she's actually hitting them. I'm so excited to watch as they slowly realize, 'hey...wait a minute. When I touch it, it dances for me again! Now how do I touch it??" So cool to watch them learn the basics of life!
Also, I reallylike your high chair! I had the exact same epihpany-0the high chair was the very first thing we bought. Then I thought, "wait a minute...we could have totally waited on this one!!!", haha. Yours is awesome though because it looks like it reclines, envelops her body well to hold everything up, and has the chest restraint to keep her in place. We got ours at a garage sale and I think is a bit old school....it does none of those things. So, I officially am drooling over yours now, as I didn't know that existed! :) The only problem is our kitchen is so small, there's no way we could leave one up all the time.
Loved the posts! She's so funny with that koala hug, haha! Loved it! :)
It's surprising how quickly they want to see what's going on. Good idea putting her in the highchair sooner rather than later! I love those 'socks.' Do they make them for boys?
Emily... they do make them for boys... at Target!!
Crystal, thanks for being so good at posting pics!!! She is growing so fast and she is changing so fast now!!! Your dad is crazy!!! Wow, up that tree, I have a hard time climbing a ladder to clean the windows!!!
Post a Comment