Monday, April 16, 2012

Little Scare...

Today was a beautiful day. The grass needed to be cut and quite frankly I was glad to do it because it's great exercise AND I can get a little sun. Jonathan went to help someone move some things, so I thought I'd just start cutting the grass while he was gone. A few weeks ago I put Rylee in my Pognae and blew leaves off the driveway and it lulled her right to sleep. So I figured I'd put her on my back today and she'd go to sleep again and get a good nap in. So I fed her, put sunblock on her, put her little hat on, and put her on my back in the carrier. Today was the first time I've put her in there on my back and I think she rather enjoyed being on my back instead of on my front with my boobs right in her face. Our yard has a lot of big hills, so I just did the flat side yard first. She was awake for about the first 10 or 15 minutes or so. I started up a medium hill and I could tell by the way her head was on my back that she had gone to sleep. A few minutes later I was on my way down the hill and I felt her head leave my back so I glanced back and her head was like lulled backwards. So I leaned forward to make her head fall back on me, but she just felt completely limp. I couldn't think what might have happened, but I turned the mower off and ran in the house, shaking her feet along the way. It was scaring me so bad. I was praying and frantically trying to unbuckle the safety strap on the carrier and I sat on the bed and let her kind of roll back onto it. Limp I'm telling you. So I touch her to see if she's breathing (she was) and she opened her eyes and gave me this little smile and closed her eyes again. The little stinker was sleeping the whole time. So I let her nap on the bed until the phone rang and woke her up. And then I put her back on my back and continued cutting grass. Jonathan got home less than 5 minutes later, though, so he took a nap inside with her while I finished cutting grass. I say little scare, but it was actually one of the scariest moments of my life and just reminded me how much I love my sweet little angel.




(I mentioned in this blog that her rolling had inspired a purchase. Rather than featuring it in its own blog, you can just see it here. Basically, I love it. : )

4 comments:

Genealogy...Living in the Past Lane! said...

aI bet that was scary! What we mama's go through :) glad you are getting some good use out of the pognae! Can't wait to get one of our own :) I can't believe how much she's grown even from seeing her last month! She looks almost like a different baby! She just looks so much older and mature! Love all that fuzz on her head--makes me wonder when Em will get her new hair come in. Has it covered the bald spot in back? Emily's bald spot is nice and pronounced....and has recruited buddy bald lines that stretch to both ears! Love the gate! Great idea. Is she liking her bumbo better now? She looks right at home in it! Loved reading this :)

Genealogy...Living in the Past Lane! said...

PS did I mentions how gorgeous she is??? She is seriously a handsome baby! :)

The Old Buffington's said...

I think you should of labeled it ... "A BIG SCARE".... Sure glad she is ok and that she just enjoyed outside with her mama so much she fell into a very deep sleep!!!!

Latisha said...

I know that panic feeling well. There's nothing like it. Very glad all is well - and I love your baby fence!