Today we did the actual celebrating for Rylee's birthday. Grandma and Grandpa Leckie came and Uncle Nate, Aunt Geri, and cousins Justin, Brian, & Kate came. Grandma & Grandpa Buffington were going to come, but Grandpa was sick and they didn't want Rylee to get it. : (
Cupcakes and presents
She knows something is up. : )
We don't have pictures of her opening EVERY gift, but here is a sampling:
Beth not only sent Rylee a CUTE Halloween onsie, but she also sent a couple of birthday presents! I have impatiently waited until Rylee's party to find out what they are...
Matching soft socks for both me and Rylee!!!
And a CUTE Christmas shirt! THANKS again, Beth!! : )
Okay, Rylee was having a BLAST clapping and everyone clapping and cheering with her and then stopping and starting again. Over and over and over. It was so funny...you could tell she knew what she was doing. I wish I had it on video.
A new book from me and Jonathan
When we were visiting Grandma and Grandpa Buffington on Sunday they gave Rylee this awesome pink hat that says "My First Cap." I wrapped it up and let her open it today. She amazingly wore it for most of the time she was opening presents! Of course she loved eating the boxes and paper.
A new toothbrush from me and Jonathan
From Nate & Geri's family...A cow that when you hold the handle on top it opens it's mouth, moos, and lights up (flashlight). Rylee really loved it!
Eating more paper
The cake...she wasn't really a fan.
The messiest that she got. We didn't even have to immediately give her a bath. She only ate two or three bites that we actually put in her mouth.
All her gifts. She also got an "I Love to See the Temple" book, wooden puzzle, and 1 new sleeper from Grandma and Grandpa Leckie. Nate and Geri's family also got her a travel size magnadoodle and a jar of candy. Jonathan and I also got her another sleeper and some toothpaste. Here's Rylee with her stuff...she's wearing one of her new sleepers.
7 comments:
Very cute! Something about her being strapped in so visibly made me laugh, though. Looks like a fun 1st birthday!
Oh, and the cake looks great and her little sleeper is adorable! And just fro the record, this "please prove you're not a robot" stuff on the comments is getting ridiculous. I can never read what I'm supposed to type in so that it will actually post. I wish there was just a like button or something. Just so you know.
So fun! I love the celebration you guys had! How did you make your cupcakes? That is such a cute idea! I think we'll see our cake making skills start really coming out with our kiddos. I don't recall ever seeing you make something so elaborate for Jonathan's birthday ;) I'm already watching youtube how-to videos to see if I can conquer fondant for Em's bday, haha. Glad you liked her gifts! I thought that Christmas shirt was just too cute and was picking one up for Em, then when I realized Rylee's Halloween outfit would get there the same time as her birthday, knew I had to get Rylee a matching shirt for Christmas too :) I figured 18 months would either be slightly big or fit her just right by then :) And I bought Em 3 pairs of those socks earlier this month and LOVE THEM. They are perfect for around the house or during nap time. When I went back to get Rylee one, wouldnt' you know they had matching ones for mom too? :) Glad you got a kick out of them and that I could get her something in time! :)
Emmie has a few of those wooden puzzles and they are some of her favorite toys--especially when they have the knobs on them like that one does. Easy to grip and chew on. She's even started lately to try and put them back in place.....which usually means she chucks it at the wood frame, then beams in satisfaction if the puzzle piece lands somewhere on it haha!
So fun to see another year go by! She has SO MUCH hair! I love it! And it's so blond!!!
PS when do we get to see baby bump growth pictures? :) And when do you find out the gender? I'm guessing it's a boy! :)
So wish we could of been there!!!! Well with not making a mess with her cake is not a Buffington... They all knew how to wear their cake.=)
Very cute. I love the cupcakes! Looks like everyone had a fun time!
Cute!!! Okay, lots of good ideas for Sophie's birthday. :) Happy birthday, Rylee!!!!!!!
The new sleeper is SUPER cute! But my favorite part was the giant "port-a-crib" y'all built in your living room w/ the baby gates and couches! HAHAHA. That's AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment