For our first Christmas we bought two cheap stockings and I ironed mine and Jonathan's name on them. Last year we bought supplies for me to make new stockings, but I never got around to it. I was thinking simple stockings, but Jonathan wanted slightly more elaborate. So instead of making fancy stockings I just didn't make any. So Rylee didn't have a stocking with her name on it for her first Christmas. Sad, I know. This year I decided to just make some stockings that were slightly less fancy than what Jonathan was wanting. Really the main thing that he wanted that I just couldn't do was lovely gold thread embellishments (for lack of a better word) on the sock itself. Not only do I think they turned out great, but they are a good compromise between simple and fancy. And, most amazingly...they're actually the same size. lol
Our decorating is pretty simple this year since Rylee likes to investigate. She has actually left the tree alone for the most part, but we also haven't put any ornaments on it, yet. I think we will tomorrow, but not anywhere where she'll be able to reach them. My main concern was the presents, but we set up the small tree on the hearth and just put the presents around it. Not pretty, but it keeps them safe. : )
Rylee examining the tree...
2 comments:
I like your stockings. Nice job! Lots of good pics and videos, too. Someeday I'll catch up my blog....
Stockings turned out GREAT!!!
Post a Comment