On to what Rylee is up to...
~Has figured out that walking is the way to get around. This video is from last week like the first day she figured it out. She's gotten much better since this video. She still does fall a lot, but usually will find a wall or something close by to use to stand back up.
~Has also figured out how to climb on things. Blast it all. : )
~Still sleeping 10-12 hours at night.
~Can "Moo" (Thank you, Nate and Geri, for the cow flashlight she got for her birthday)
~ "Quacks" like a duck. When Jonathan and I were dating, he got me a stuffed duck in an Easter basket (inside joke between us). I've put the duck with her toys and when Rylee sees it she sometimes "quacks," but usually stuffs the bill in her mouth whether she quacks or not.
~Had her first dentist appointment. Personally, I think it's silly to take a one-year-old to the dentist (even though "they" say you should), at least when it comes to "teeth" reasons. I had two reasons for taking her:
1st reason - Making a good habit/getting her used to the environment. She sat in the chair, they turned on the light, put their fingers in her mouth. It was very short, but I don't want her to dread the dentist. I love going twice a year to get my teeth cleaned and I want her to like it, too. (Incidentally, they just got that new chair put in yesterday - I was there getting my teeth cleaned when they were having them put in)
2nd reason - She's included on our insurance, and if we're paying for to go to the dentist then we might as well be taking her.
~Says "Go!" for "Let's go" if we're leaving to go somewhere.
~Helps clean up her toys in the evening when we start singing "Clean Up."
~So Rylee got a couple of church board books and we look at them a lot during church. Which means we whisper in her ear and point at all the things in the pictures. One day I saw Rylee in the floor with a book in her lap and she was pointing at pictures and whispering. At first I just thought it was funny, but then I realized that she was doing it because of how we read to her at church. It was SO cute. She still does it occasionally, but not as long as she did that first time.
~She's been using a sippy cup for a few months, but she's had trouble really getting the hang of drinking from it on her own until this month.
While I didn't do an official photo shoot, I did attempt to make up for a month of hardly any pictures and took a bunch of pictures and videos today...
Finally got Pat A Cake on video
Attacking the duck
She is just WAY to busy to get a decent picture
Attacking the duck again
"Reading"
Feeling so big that she's on the couch
And one last ditch effort right before she went to bed since I was unsuccessful earlier. Jonathan actually got this winning picture. : )
My attempts at full body pictures
No comments:
Post a Comment