Friday, September 13, 2013

2nd NICU Reunion

Today was the NICU Reunion at the hospital and we again went for the free Chick Fil A and cute picture.  The theme this year was western and they had a hat and bandanna for all the kids, but I don't have as many pictures.  We tried to put the hat on Rylee and she refused.  She usually loves hats.  And she would not smile.  Talk about dead pan.  I tried to initially put the bandanna around her neck so it would hide the rainbow on her shirt, but she wouldn't have any of that either.  Jonathan had the idea to put the bandanna on her head and I was shocked that Rylee actually went for that and in fact ended up wearing it for hours.  And she at least let us put the hat around her neck, so it ended up being pretty cute despite the dead pan face.

Sorry for the bad quality...it is obviously a picture of a picture.    

She perked up when we got to the food...specifically the cantaloupe, grapes, animal crackers, and sqeezy things.  They again had games and dress-up characters, including the NICU "mascot" bear.  Rylee saw it and got really excited.  It was across the room and we wanted to get a picture of her with it, but when we finished eating we couldn't find it anywhere so we had to settle for the cardboard version.  

I had conveniently tried a new hair do this morning, so the bandanna was perfect.  The "knobs" were cute, but after her nap kind of destroyed, so when I redid them for the reunion I just did pigtails instead.  

Eyes closed as usual, but her little feet were just so cute.  




  

No comments: