Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sadlers Creek State Park

My parents decided to go camping Thursday and Friday night at Sadlers Creek down on Lake Hartwell.  Since we didn't have anything going on, we invited ourselves to join them just for Thursday night.  The weather was beautiful.  A little warm Thursday, but not unbearable.  Friday was awesome.  There was a very nice breeze and the shade was perfect! 

Grandpa and Rylee going out in the raft.  


Corben swinging in the "big" swing for the first time.  He was a fan! :)




Beautiful sunset Thursday evening! 

Dad & Jonathan taking a dip.


Camp set up

Rylee's turn swinging...Dad thought she'd be cold so he put his tube socks on her legs.  It kind of looks likes casts from a distance. lol
 


 Thursday morning.  We set up the pack in play outside with a sheet over it to keep the bugs/mosquitos/pine needles, etc off him.  He LOVED it and spent most of his morning in there. 




There were a lot of rocks and Rylee learned that it's fun to throw them in the lake...or at least towards the lake. ; )





A while back I learned about these stroller links that would connect two strollers together and give you the option of having a double stroller or a single stroller.  Technically you are supposed to use two strollers the same or at least the same size.  Although I have wanted to try them, my strollers are not the same size, so I haven't wanted to fork out the $10 just to try them.  However, at the Weecycled sale last week, there were some brand-new-still-in-the-box stroller links for $3.  YAY!  They totally still work and I used them for a little bit on the walk we took.  I'm excited to have a way to take them both for a walk if Mom and Jonathan are every both unavailable to go with me.  



Eating lunch. 


On a different peninsula in the same campground there was an actual little beach rather than just rocks, so Dad drove us over to play there. 

It was still pretty muddy and nasty, though. lol  Rylee loved it.


5 comments:

The Old Buffington's said...

The picture of Jonathan and your dad going for a swim.... looks like they are holding hands... Haha
Looks like a fun trip.

Latisha said...

What a fun campout! That swing has Dad written all over it, and I love the tube socks. Making good memories.

Beth said...

These were so fun--I had so many comments, I wish they were posted on facebook so I could make them on each one :) I've always thought Corben looks just like Jonathan, but in the 2nd picture of him swinging, I now think he looks just like you! :) So cool to see you emerging :)
This place looked so fun! That sunset was amazing, and Rylee was so cute in her pink outfit (bathing suit??). Looks like it really worked out well with Corben in the pack and play too. And I love that your dad always sets up a swing everywhere--we need to have him come along on our family outings too ;)

Ok--Rob just asked me (in all seriousness) if I was still writing a comment or had started writing a blog post. HA--I guess that means I need to wrap this up! Really fun post, loved the pictures!

Emily said...

Fun fun! Beautiful sunset. It's always the best to vacation with mom & dad!

Lisa said...

Fun! I like the pack n play pics. We will be in SC the week of Christmas. I think we'll head toward Greenville at the end of the week. Dinner with y'all is definitely at the top of our list! :)