Corben celebrated turning 7 months old by getting his first diaper rash. And boy has it been a doozy! Still going strong and it's so sad to see him so sad during diaper changes. : (
Side note...it was interesting to go back and read Rylee's 7 month post and compare it to this one.
Corben is all over the place. We took the fence down like a month ago because he was just not happy in it, and we are much more baby-proofed for him than we were with Rylee at this point. However, be bumps his head all.day.long. He crawls really fast and pulls himself up on EVERYTHING. I think his favorite thing to use is Jonathan's leg hairs. lol He "cruises" slowly along furniture, and has let go a few times. He falls quickly, but I think he is just sure that he could let go and stand like the rest of us!
He loves to chase Rylee around. The other day she propelled herself onto the top shelf of the "toy cabinet" (fireplace) to get away from him. It was so funny. Of course my camera was not handy, so I only caught the tail end of her getting down.
Started eating solid foods this month (I think that combined with teething is the culprit for his diaper rash). So far he has tried peas, squash, bananas, applesauce, and carrots and liked them all.
Okay, so I'm embarrassed to show this video because I totally forgot just how runny the cereal is supposed to be and this was not a good "first" eating. Oh, well. There's only one first!
The next week...chowing down on carrots
I always said that since Rylee was such a good sleeper my next one would not be. It is proving to be somewhat true. At least on some nights. Corben has never slept 12 hours. He has always woken up at least once. Some nights he'll wake up once in a 12 hour period and some nights he'll wake up every 3 or 4 hours like clock work. I think that's one of the most frustrating things....he's so inconsistent. I just never know when I put him down if he'll wake up in 4 hours or 6 or 8. It's anybody's guess.
Despite his bad nightly habits, he did finally start taking naps in his crib during the day. YAY! One nap in the morning and one in the afternoon. Usually the afternoon nap is at the same time as Rylee's nap, and about 1 1/2-2 hours long, so I really look forward to afternoon nap time! His morning naps used to only be 45 minutes-1 hour, but the past two days they've been more like 1 hour 45 minutes.
He got his first hair cut his month and is quite frankly about due for another one.
Changing his diaper (especially with this rash) and getting him dressed is usually more like a wrestling match.
I wouldn't call him fat, but he's very solid. He wears size 3 diapers during the day and size 4 at night. He has super strong legs.
Gets called Popo probably 90% of the time.
He is such a happy baby and we really love having him in our family! So many people comment on what a happy baby he is and it's true. : )
His 7 Month photo shoot went well at first, at least on the floor. But pictures in the chair with the dog? Forget it.
The first one I took and the best I got. Sadly. lol
I thought she'd be good and confined here during the picture-taking.
My other attempts at a better picture than the first were major failures.
Annnndddd...so much for the high chair containing her. Now I buckle her in when I don't want her escaping.
Rylee of course was just dying to get in the pictures, too. (disclaimer...these were taken Sunday morning and we have late church, so I don't get her dressed until lunch time. So sue me)
She set this up all on her own for a picture.
Other pictures from this month. I didn't get my camera out as much, so there aren't too many. (I heard that sigh of relief ; ) As usual they start earlier and go to more recent.
Plum tuckered out
Check out that hair...obviously pre-haircut
My mom got this pool for Rylee back in the summer. She actually only ended up "swimming" in it once, but they get it out all the time to play in.
Typical occurance...Rylee minding her own business while Corben approaches
Rylee expressing her displeasure at being interruped
Corben face says it all...just pushing her buttons!
For the longest time he could pull up on basically everything, except for the blanket chest. This was the first time he FINALLY did it. He was SO excited!
So happy to be playing ball in bed.
Just playing the other day
No comments:
Post a Comment