We decided a few weeks ago that Rylee would be a cowgirl since she had the hat and bandanna from the NICU reunion. I figured we could add a plaid shirt, pig tails, and some freckles and have us a downright cute cowgirl. Of course we have our cow appreciation day cow costume, so Corben could be a cow...so the cowgirl and her cow. Clever, eh?
My mom mentioned that they still had the Halloween costume box in their attic, so we pulled it down to see what all was there. Here's Rylee's Halloween Fashion Show:
So I went to goodwill to try and find a plaid shirt in the girl's clothes, but didn't have any luck. I started looking in boy's clothes, but then remembered that Corben had a few plaid shirts that we got in boxes from other people. This one is an 18 month shirt I found in Corben's drawer. Awesome.
So the first thing we dressed up for was the ward trunk or treat. It was kind of anti-climatic this year because my parents were in Utah and Jonathan had to work. So I didn't decorate a trunk since I was going to have the kids by myself. And I didn't even take Rylee around to all the cars because it was really cold and Corben was cold and tired and whiny. I tried so hard to get a picture of the two of them together, but Rylee was just too distracted by everything else going on. The best I could do...
I wish I had gotten better pictures of Corben and her together before we left the house, but it was kind of chaotic since we were hurrying so that Jonathan could stop by the church really quick before going to work. Oh, well.
Nate and Geri (Beth...when I first saw Geri, I did a double take because I thought it was you. I really almost asked, "What are you doing here???" It was the most confusing thing ever. lol)
Jason the black-eyed P (Beth...this totally made me laugh and think of you again. Ironically. : )
Kate as Prim even though she has never seen or read Hunger Games.
Geri and Rylee. Seriously, Rylee is the most unfriendly looking girl sometimes. Arg.
The elders. From a distance I thought they were "fishers of men," but turns out they were just hobos. lol
Melissa, awesome as usual. : )
I just loved Merida's wig!
Rylee's loot....which may not look like much, but considering were were there less than 5 minutes and she won't get to really eat it anyway, it was sufficient.
On Wednesday we went to Bouncing Babies at the library as usual and they had a Halloween party. Rylee wore her cowgirl outfit, but I just put Corben in his skeleton sleeper. And I didn't take a single picture. Just documenting that we went. Rylee seemed confused by all the costumes, but enjoyed the extra treats that aren't usually there. Corben just enjoyed going All.over.the.room. He kept going for people's plates and phones, so I had to keep moving him back to the middle. He just goes, goes, goes.
Tonight we went trick or treating. Our neighborhood is no good for trick or treating, so I scoped out a neighborhood up in TR the other day. I could just tell it was going to be a good one....LOTS of nice houses CLOSE together. And a lot of them had Halloween decorations up. The weather was PERFECT for trick or treating. Upper 60s and no rain. Rylee went as a cowgirl again. Corben went as a baby ready for bed since I was planning on carrying him in my Pognae and no one would really see him anyway. The neighborhood (Northcliff Hills) did not disappoint! It.was.awesome. We are already looking forward to going back next year. Probably 95% of the houses had porch lights on and about half were sitting in their driveways or on their porch handing out candy. So different from our neighborhood. Corben did awesome and actually fell asleep near the end. Rylee did great, too, although she did get carried a lot near the end. Good exercise for Daddy, though. ; )
Her loot...too bad for her she doesn't get to eat it. *insert evil laugh*. Actually, I am excited to have all the smarties to use as incentive when it comes time for potty training. The little Alvin toy to the left of the pile was probably her favorite thing along with the glow stick bracelet she got.
So that was Halloween. Jonathan usually has us get the decorations out on Oct 1st, but this year we just weren't feeling it or something. He finally pulled the box down yesterday and put up some token decorations today. And they are already all put in the box ready to go in the attic and the Thanksgiving decorations are up. Bring on the holidays.
1 comment:
She did indeed make a very cute little cowgirl. Fun! And the trunk or treat looks like loads of fun. Always nice to go to a neighborhood with lots of participants!
Post a Comment