Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Rylee is TWO!

As my friend Beth said on Rylee's birthday...we officially have a toddler in the house.  Yikes! 

We had her well child appointment on Nov. 1st and here are her stats:
Weight:  25.6 lbs (53% Percentile)
Height:  34.25 in (72% Percentile)
Head:  19.45 in (95% Percentile)

She talks all the time (unless we are with people she's not used to and want her to say something like say "Trick or Treat" or "Thank you" when we're trick or treating.  *sigh*  We practiced with her, but when the time came for trick or treating she just clammed up.  The people with babies or dogs "helping" hand out candy got a little bit of response, but that was about it).

She still is a good vegetable eater, although she LOVES fruit, especially grapes.  

She still LOVES Corben, or Popo as she calls him.  I'm afraid we find ourselves referring to him as Popo too often and he's picking up an unfortunate nick name. I try to call him Corben so that she'll learn to actually say his name eventually, but it really is very cute.  Especially when she's calling for him across the room somewhere, "POPO!!!"  So cute. : )

She can count to 5 and occasionally to 6, but heaven forbid she actually do it for the camera.  This is the closest I could get and she didn't do it right. lol


Can often be heard saying "why, why, why??"  especially if she is doing something she knows she's not supposed to do. lol

Sings all the time.  The only song, however, that I recognize is Weenie Man.  I often sing girls camp songs to her and apparently I've been singing the wrong words to this one.  Oops.

Loves to do puzzles and is very good at them.

Loves to look at and read her books.  I love when she reads them to Corben.  We read  A LOT of books throughout the day!  I think her favorite this month was Five Little Pumpkins.

She puts up with a lot from Corben



Says "Sorry" a lot, sometimes at the right time and sometimes when she thinks is the right time.  It's cute either way.  She often says it when she should say "excuse me."  i.e. If she's trying to get through a crowd of people a church she'll push through saying "sorry" the whole way.

Has started saying a blessing on her food (with help from us).  I love it!

Can usually identify blue, pink, red, orange, green, yellow, and black.

Has moved out of her crib.  We've had a twin bed (the top bunk of a bunk bed, so it has rails on it) in her room for a LONG time so she'd get used to it and we would often lay on the bed with her.  About a month ago I finally put her down for a nap in her bed for the first time.  She initially got up twice, but the third time we put her back in her bed she stayed there.  I had planned on just doing naps in the bed for a little bit to help her adjust, but after that first day taking a nap, she wanted to sleep in the bed that night, too.  For about 2 weeks she did AWESOME at staying in her bed for naps and night time.  Then she started getting up instead of napping, so I put her in the crib for her naps. As of yesterday I've started putting her back in the bed for naps, too, but she has slept every night in her bed still.

Lately she has started bringing us her baby's bottle and climbing in our lap so we can feed her.  She'll even take the bottle out of our hands and roll over on us so we can burp her.

On her birthday I tried to get a GOOD picture for her being 2 years old.  She is SO hard to take pictures of.  These are not even all the pictures I had to take, but the ones I liked the best.

(feeding her baby)

(burping her baby)

Doing this funky walk thing she does.


The winner!! 

Love that they're sitting in the same position.

Random...she took some toys to "Chuck" to play with.

ON her birthday we facetimed with Grandma and Grandpa Leckie (who are in Utah visiting Sara) while Rylee opened her presents from them. 

Trying to practice blowing out candles.  Yep, she NEVER did.  Not even when we had her cake.

SO excited about the giraffe on her new shirt!


We didn't have her party on her birthday since we went trick or treating.  Instead, we celebrated the next day on Nov 1st. 

(Before the party...just hanging out)

The cake.  I found the idea on pinterest and it was really easy.








Who needs a fork? 

The "After Party"...things got a little bit crazy!  I think it was all the cake.


Grandpa and Grandpa Buffington and Jasmine came by the next day and brought her one more present that she loves!


So in total, here are all her gifts:
2 puzzles from Me and Jonathan
Coloring book and "magic" markers that only color on the pages from Nate & Geri
2 puzzles, 3 long sleeved shirts, and 1 pair of jeans from Grandma & Grandpa Leckie
Baby doll with accessories from Grandma & Grandpa Buffington

I won't go into all the whys, but I forgot to take a picture of Rylee with her gifts before today, so I took a few and these were my favorite.  Jonathan was giving her a bath and then the plan was that Rylee would sit in for a picture or two before going to bed.

(reading the only card she got...it came in the mail today from Publix. lol)

Rylee was not so much down with the plan and really wanted to ply with her puzzles. 


Of course...after she was in bed and everything put away I remembered that I forgot to pull these out of the church bag to include in the picture.  Blast.  Probably best considering the circumstances (see exhibit A above).

Happy Birthday, Rylee! We love you! : )

A few other pictures/videos from this month:

We went to Fall for Greenville and let Rylee ride one ride.  She loved it! 



Her and Corben were both worn out by the time we went home!

Having fun one day
 

She has some strong emotions, but lots of love!  We are so happy to have her in our family! 

3 comments:

Melissa S. said...

She really has the most BEAUTIFUL and girly and enchanting eyes......like princess eyes on movies. Her lashes or whatever. Either way, I just love those eyes. Hey, maybe we can sing Wienie Man in nursery now. ;P

Beth said...

That's so funny, I actually sang Weenie man for Emmie one time and Rob overheard and had some definite raised eyebrows, haha :) LOVED all the info on her--she is just such a gorgeous girl. I loved all the candid shots you have of her, and Emmie was captivated by the videos :) They say their colors the same, which I thought was cute, and they have the same sleeper with the polka dots :) Loved watching Rylee and Corben together (too funny about the Bobo, that is a cute nickname though ;), I kept telling Em that it was her little brother. We may have to revisit this a few times in preparation for upcoming events :) Congrats on the new bed for her too! It sounds like the transition went really well! Happy Birthday Rylee!

Maria Sself said...

Rylee and Corben are incredibly cute! Crystal, you're truly blessed!