Saturday, November 30, 2013

Rylee at 25 Months

Holy terrible twos.  That's all.








Just kidding.  I did tell Rylee at one point yesterday, "Rylee, tomorrow I'm going to blog about you turning 25 months old and if you keep this [Screaming, hating a tantrum for the 50th time before it's even noon] up I won't have anything good to say."  She didn't really get it. She can be SO SO cute one second then totally opposite the next.  Thank goodness she is so cute, though... it helps us to usually forget all the badness.  

I love to listen to her sing and hope she actually picks up a tune someday. lol  And I love when she and Corben ("Popo") play nice together and just wish it were more often.  Sometimes she'll be playing with something and he'll come over and she will have a fit because she doesn't want him to touch anything she's playing with.  She will lean over her stuff with her arms spread out so he can't get them. 

Says "Huuhhhh??" All.the.time.  Image the noise from Home Improvement but with a huh.  She makes this funny face and everything.  I have NO idea where she got it from.

She says so so many words and I can usually tell what she is saying when she says sentences, but I think we're the only ones who understand her.  She'll often ask us a question and we repeat it back to her to see if we understand and she'll respond with, "Okay!" while she nods her head...like we suggested an idea to her and she thinks it's a great idea! 

She is still a star sleeper and I appreciate it more and more since Corben doesn't sleep all night YET (I'm optimistic ; )  

Still a good eater and has even mastered eating the entire container of yogurt with a spoon by herself with minimal mess.  

She has "given up" her highchair fairly easily to Corben and likes to sit in her "bosht seat" at the table.

Says prayers without any help.  They go like this, "Heavenly Father.  Thank food Christ AMEN!"  She used to throw a "please bless" in there, but I guess that just takes too long now. We keep trying to get her to put it back in there, but so far it's not working.  

Pictures from this month...

Stealing Daddy's hat.

She LOVES our Christmas tree. Actually ANY Christmas tree.  (And I love our fence!)



 I don't put her hair in a ponytail very often because it just doesn't last, but when I do put it up she loves to fling it. 




She loves to put her toys down for naps.  She'll pick one up and look at me with her finger on her lip and say "shhhhhh" as she walks quietly to Corben's crib.  

Pretending to sleep

Kicking back and enjoying the ride. 



2 comments:

brooks said...

Thank food Christ Amen.
I think that about covers everyone's prayers.......although it sounds a little southern baptist to me. ;) That's pretty funny though.

And for the record, no one believes you that she can throw tantrums. She's too sweet.

brooks said...

(and that last comment was me, Melissa.)