Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Exploring

The last week has been somewhat chaotic with preparations for a bridal shower for my sister (at my house) and another sister and family coming to stay with us for a week.  There has been much cleaning, organizing, purging, etc. going on.  Anyway, I've been taking pictures, but I haven't necessarily gotten to blog about all of them.  Not long after the post where Rylee was trying to break out of her fence, we actually bit the bullet and baby proofed (as much as possible).  We still have the fence up to keep her off the fireplace/coffee table/tv cords/treadmill, but she is no longer confined.  It was such an adjustment for me; I can no longer just run to the bathroom and feel confident that she'll be fine while I'm gone.  But it's been fun to see her explore and see everything.  

Right after letting her free (just over a week ago)...


 


 Another day.  She loves looking out the window! : )

And another day...finding all kinds of new places.

It's funny to watch her play with the spots of light.  She'll try to hit it and get confused when it goes away (because her hand is blocking the light). 




And yet another day...


The night before the bridal shower, I temporarily removed the fence.  Rylee didn't know what to think of the cofffee table and seat.  She just knows that she loved them!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           


And this was just one night after her bath when her hair was crazy.  

4 comments:

Beth said...

Wow--1) I LOVE your home! I hadn't seen these angles of it before--really beautiful!
2) I LOVE Rylee! Loved that video of her hitting the table--isn't funny how they just love that sort of thing? Can't believe she is standing! I just can't picture Em doing that in a month!
I don't know if this is bad practice, but I put Em in her crib if I need to run the restroom. She still LOVES her mobile, and will watch and coo at it, and play with some books I put in there with her. It definitely is different though when they get a bit of freedom~! :)

Latisha said...

I'm pretty sure I never owned a gate. My kids (and I) just learned the hard way which things were dangerous or destructable! At least you don't have stairs!

The Old Buffington's said...

You know Crystal.... I can't believe how much she looks like her daddy!!! She is getting around so much these days and just growing so fast!! =)

The Old Buffington's said...

You know... I noticed something... now that she is mobile... she is to busy to play with her toys now. =)