Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sara & Jared's Wedding Day!

Yesterday (Friday, July 27th), Sara & Jared were sealed in the temple.  It was a HOT beautiful day for a wedding.  Lucky for us we didn't have to endure tons of pictures in the morning.  Just one big group picture afterwards.  Sara was beautiful, Jared was handsome, and they both looked deliriously happy.  All of my siblings were able to come and it's an awesome thing to be in the temple with my entire family (all but Roger).  Nate was the official photographer and I'm hoping to get pictures from him soon.  In the mean time, here are my few I took (I didn't take more in anticipation of getting some from Nate).

Heading inside for the sealing...lucky for us they opened the temple specially for Sara's sealing, so there weren't other people around.  Which meant that they could close the door to the waiting room where there were approximately 20 kids (ages 9 months to 15 years).  I hear Rylee did fine. Others were not so fortunate, but they all survived.  On one hand, I'm glad Rylee did fine in a room full of kids, but on the other hand it would be nice to be missed occasionally. lol  


(Emily & Eric)

After the sealing...
Whoops...wrong happy couple. lol  (Geri's parents Dick and Jane)

The REALLY happy couple! : )




With my lovely cousin Mary

The drive home...


The Reception.  I probably should have made a post JUST about the reception.  I'm going to cover set up all the way to take down in this section.  Sara saw on Pinterest where someone had a ceiling of balloons and decided that she wanted to have that, too.  I think it turned out pretty cool. 








The reception decorations...















Cutting the Cake...


 


First Dance...


Dancing with Daddys...
(Jonathan & Rylee)

(Nate & Kate)

(Adam & Emma)

The Getaway Car...





The Getaway...




Really pretty sunset...



The Clean Up...When the REAL Fun Began!  Step one...hand kids of all ages sharp pins.






Cha Cha Slide.  I LOVE how Geri is dancing with her broom and dust pan. Just fabulous!



Too bad Sara & Jared missed it. ; )

3 comments:

The Old Buffington's said...

How fun... what a great turn out!! I love all the balloons!!!

mary had a... said...

Wow that looks like an absolute blast! I love the 'balloon sky' and especially the car...you guys went all out ;)

Beth said...

You guys throw the best receptions--that was so cool! Really loved how the balloons turned out, and that ya'll were willing to put those up there! What fun memories for all the cousins to have together, love your family! Congrats to the happy couple!! :)